Gladiator "Must Have" Options

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The older I get the more I like the extras.
I'm not sure I could live without a heated steering wheel anymore. The LED lights are super, the keyless entry and start are great, the Alpine audio, aux switches, ect.
Get everything you can. The JT makes me happy to drive again.

WAYALIFE mobile app

We’re all just luck you remembered your way back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jesse3638

Hooked
The cruise sucks on the highway IMO. It won’t maintain speed on anything but flat roads. At 65-70mph it will let the speed drop 4-5mph once I start going up a hill, even the slightest ones. When the cruise control tries to regain the speed it’ll downshift two or three gears and accelerate. It’s extremely annoying. It gets exponentially worse if you set it at 75mph or higher. This is with 37s and 4.88 gears in PA at an elevation barely above sea level. I can maintain 70mph myself on the highway and only drop my bro 7th on hills, where the cruise would have the engine screaming in 6th or even 5th.

Yeah I can see how that would get annoying. I thought you meant you just didn't use it. Hurkey jerky driving makes me crazy..haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Good info here...as soon as the factory 6.4 becomes available, I’m pulling the trigger. Might be the last vehicle I buy, with the exception of a new Bronco, depending on how it evolves...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Good info here...as soon as the factory 6.4 becomes available, I’m pulling the trigger. Might be the last vehicle I buy, with the exception of a new Bronco, depending on how it evolves...

I was really hoping to hold out for the 6.4 but it’s just not in the cards right now, timing wise or financially. This gladiator will likely be the last vehicle I buy for myself, so maybe when the motor craps out I’ll do a swap.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Same. It might help slightly with noise, but where I’ve noticed it really helps is cutting down on heat radiating from the inside of the hardtop in the summer.

I could see that. People that mostly run soft tops probably don’t realize how much heat, or cold the hard top radiates.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

I bet you’re glad you waited.

sunnysideup

The Mopar Floormats are cool in that the drain plugs actually extend through the mat... plugs go on top and you can drain the matts by pulling the plugs out. That might not be cool in some places... but when you have lots of snow melting in them... it works great when they get full!

jwalt

Hmmm, don’t know then. Maybe it’s a placebo effect for me but I’ve always felt it helped.

[/url]

I put the Hot Head Headliners in my JT Rubicon and it really helps with the noise. The echo, or hollowness that occurs with the factory hard top is deadened. It reminds me of walking into an insulated home theater. The stereo also sounds better. I am reminded of this every time I drive my wife's Overlander that does not have a headliner. I am extremely happy with my JTR Diesel and it has the torque to keep the correct cruise control speed. The offroad + keeps the JT in a good powerband for all offroad fun, even in the sand.

Top Bottom