GFrench 76 CJ5 Restoration

gfrench

Finally will be getting some time in the next 6 weeks here to really start making some big progress on the reassembly!

I have a little more color sanding and buffing to get the paint cleaned up a tad and add some additional gloss- very smooth!

Just using 2000 grit paper very lightly with soapy water- just enough to not feel any drag on the paper.

Then using this product to bring out the shine! easy!! this stuff really works good and wipes off very clean once buffed and then a couple good coats of wax- Done!

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Your hard work is paying off big time. That is turning out to be one of the most stunning Cj's out there! Just beautiful.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Absolutely beautiful! I really do love that color combo

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

gfrench

Beautiful fall day in Colorado!

Perfect time to roll the jeep out in the sun and get the shop and all the new parts laid out...

Time to start the final assembly

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
That looks so good!

I just started working on my dash. That’s a Pandora’s box of little parts and pieces and lots of wires. I ended building a jig out of some 2xs in my work bench to hold it upright while I worked on it. Make sure you chase out those studs on the back well, I ended up turning one off during the assembly of the main gauge and had to burn it back on and repaint

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

gfrench

That looks so good!

I just started working on my dash. That’s a Pandora’s box of little parts and pieces and lots of wires. I ended building a jig out of some 2xs in my work bench to hold it upright while I worked on it. Make sure you chase out those studs on the back well, I ended up turning one off during the assembly of the main gauge and had to burn it back on and repaint

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah mine is a new dash that came with the new body and does not have the 4 studs installed on the back... Not quite sure on how I am going to secure my Speedometer... thinking some pop rivets might be my best option... then the vinyl dash overlay will cover it up.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yeah mine is a new dash that came with the new body and does not have the 4 studs installed on the back... Not quite sure on how I am going to secure my Speedometer... thinking some pop rivets might be my best option... then the vinyl dash overlay will cover it up.

That’s a good idea. I’m still debating on putting the overlay on mine. I do like the clean look with out, but it’s not the way the Laredo’s came.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

gfrench

Guess when you see Taillights and a Licence Plate go on your are making some real progress! Lol

Always fun to start installing all the cleaned up / new parts and watch the old Jeep start taking shape.

New Champion Radiator and Fan Shroud installed this morning- really dresses up the engine bay and the view thru the front grill is very nice!

Steady progress now.

]

Last edited:
Top Bottom