GFrench 76 CJ5 Restoration

Ddays

Hooked
:2thumbsup: I missed the update - that's a pretty damn sweet chassis! Can't wait to see this one done. You should post more progress pics - I think a lot of guys would love to see more pics of this build!

gfrench

:2thumbsup: I missed the update - that's a pretty damn sweet chassis! Can't wait to see this one done. You should post more progress pics - I think a lot of guys would love to see more pics of this build!

Thanks all- I will update things more often here as progress continues on my project... Yeah pretty excited to get the new body set on the chassis and get everything mocked up before I disassemble Metal parts and prep for paint. :thumb:

gfrench

A little more progress on my 76 CJ5 project-

Set the new Repli-Tub on the chassis to make sure all the body bolts match up- Perfect!

Now will finish mocking up the remaining body parts- Front Fenders- Grill- Hood- Windshield Frame and Roll Bar to make sure everything fits and lines up perfect...

Then will take it all back apart to start my prep body work for paint.

gfrench

Been a while since I have updated on my CJ project.

Got all the body pieces bolted on for the first mock up... have some tweaking I need to do to get all the gaps perfect but overall real happy with the fit of things so far.

Then will be time to take it all apart again and start the body and paint work.

gfrench

Thanks gents... has been a real fun project so far and like the direction it is going.

Will update more as thing progress. :)

gfrench

Today finished up the final mock up/ adjustments on the fenders- hood and windshield frame...

All the gaps are now pretty good-

Everything fit together pretty well but did need to trim and shave a couple of areas on the hood under edges to allow smooth action and also had to drill out and adjust a handful of bolts to get everything lined up... all in all not bad!

Last edited:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Today finished up the final mock up/ adjustments on the fenders- hood and windshield frame...

All the gaps are now pretty good-

Everything fit together pretty well but did need to trim and shave a couple of areas on the hood under edges to allow smooth action and also had to drill out and adjust a handful of bolts to get everything lined up... all in all not bad!

That’s really coming along nicely. Good job.

Top Bottom