Garage Heat- what does everybody use?

Like the title says, im looking to see what people are using to heat their garage to make it not so miserable during the winter months. Mine us insulated, so it holds heat well. I see several heater types, but some of them are designated as "outdoor only". Id love to see what everyone else is using for this situation.

Central heat is not an option lol...not yet anyway.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I have used this space heater for three winters now. The wheels are by far the best part and make it easy to move around. It doesn't heat up the whole gagrage but will warm up where you are sitting/standing etc.

1453666550000.jpg

1453666565757.jpg

Nomadic Paladin

You could always throw on a flannel and open up a can-o-man, or resort to one of those kerosene jet engine style heaters with a thermostat on them, they always kept my unheated un-insulated two-car garage plenty warm in the winter. *** Public safety notice, make sure to ventilate the garage when using one.***

crowrb29

Before I lived in California we always used the Mr Heater style propane heaters and they worked out pretty well. Not ideal but they are cheap and somewhat efficient.

metalic

Picked up 30k heater at menards for a 100 bucks after season and one of these fans to move the air

Attachments

• 1453670293732.jpg
    1453670293732.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 1453670303360.jpg
    1453670303360.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 181

Nomadic Paladin

lol thats the route ive been taking, and honestly, id rather spoil myself.

This may be a dumb question, but are do all of those nice heaters require ventilation?

I used to have a Master outdoor construction heater, it had a plug in thermostat on the power cord and worked great. We either left a window cracked or had the door resting on a 5 gallon pail and never had an issue. They put off some exhaust fumes, but with some air flow you will be fine. I also used similar types of heater in the winter in old school canvas wall tents when camping and always woke up in the morning.

I also used similar types of heater in the winter in old school canvas wall tents when camping and always woke up in the morning.
lol. Thats always a good start to the day. I was just wondering about hoe much ventilation you should have. It seems counter intuitive to turn on a heater because its cold out, but then have to open a window....

metalic

My garage isn't sealed the best. I'm in and out and have yet to not make it out. They make some that states vent free

MTG

Caught the Bug
Everytime i do that the wrenching seems to come to a halt. Im trying to boost productivity, not hinder it lol

LOL! True.

I have tried little heaters but the don't seem to work well. One thing that did was a big shop light. I can't remember for sure but I think it was halogen lights with 4 of them on a stand. Warmed up the working area nice. Beyond that I'd go with something like one of these gas heaters…

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Heating-Venting-Cooling-Heaters-Space-Heaters-Gas-Heaters/N-5yc1vZc4kf

Top Bottom