Front Driver Side Wheel locked up... Even with almost everything replaced.

TrailHunter

Hooked
At this point I've replaced everything (myself) from the hard brake line at the frame down. Bracket is set aside to toss and new one is on the way. Had zero reason to think I needed a new bracket because was never informed of the damage... hence this whole unfortunate process.
Cool!... yeah, that bracket is trash. Hope that fixes it.

Good Update: putting undamaged bracket on driver side seems to have solved the issue. So just waiting on replacement to arrive.

Bad Update: since I already have everything disassembled, I wanted replace hub assembly same as I did on driver side. Guess it was a mistake to think it would go as smoothly. Once axle nut is torqued to spec, wheel locks up after about 3/4 turn (forward or back, doesn't matter) and takes good bit of force to get full rotation. Replacement for it being possibly defective is being sent, but wanted to check if there could be another cause? I checked out the u-joints and there is no play in those.

I believe it is hub assembly because I can feel a click (no sound) with slight grind and almost feels like it 'slips' when I finally get it past where its locked up. Fingers crossed.

Sorry for all the questions but I've found myself getting into the realm of maintenance or work that I've not ventured before 😞 but wanting to learn... nobody ever tells you how boring working from home can be and need a hobby lol

jesse3638

Hooked
Good Update: putting undamaged bracket on driver side seems to have solved the issue. So just waiting on replacement to arrive.

Bad Update: since I already have everything disassembled, I wanted replace hub assembly same as I did on driver side. Guess it was a mistake to think it would go as smoothly. Once axle nut is torqued to spec, wheel locks up after about 3/4 turn (forward or back, doesn't matter) and takes good bit of force to get full rotation. Replacement for it being possibly defective is being sent, but wanted to check if there could be another cause? I checked out the u-joints and there is no play in those.

I believe it is hub assembly because I can feel a click (no sound) with slight grind and almost feels like it 'slips' when I finally get it past where its locked up. Fingers crossed.

Sorry for all the questions but I've found myself getting into the realm of maintenance or work that I've not ventured before 😞 but wanting to learn... nobody ever tells you how boring working from home can be and need a hobby lol
Isn't that part of the reason why we buy jeeps, to work on them. Glad it sounds like your getting things all sorted out. You adventure sounds like mine anytime I go beyond an oil change...haha. My OCD has gotten the better of me mote than once and a simple project turns into multiple trips to different parts stores.

I prefer working from home and am definitely not bored!

jeeeep

Hooked

I've gotten bad hubs before, why I now buy locally instead of dealing with mail order.

Glad to see you resolved the stuck break issue

Top Bottom