From MYTH to LEGEND : The EVOlution of our Jeep Gladiator

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I want to see what’s being installed on the rear! Springs and triple bypass shocks?

We had planned on long arms and more fancy stuff but factory mounts are creating geometry issues that EVO wants to address. Gonna have to save the fun stuff for a future visit.

With that said, just gonna run short arms with relocation brackets and coilovers for now. Here’s a test fit of things.
IMG_8835.JPG

Here you can better see how the control arms are triangulating at a full droop and this is causing the pinion to drop.
IMG_8834.JPG

Apparently, Jeep did this on purpose for towing and long arms would only make this worse.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
We had planned on long arms and more fancy stuff but factory mounts are creating geometry issues that EVO wants to address. Gonna have to save the fun stuff for a future visit.

With that said, just gonna run short arms with relocation brackets and coilovers for now. Here’s a test fit of things.

Here you can better see how the control arms are triangulating at a full droop and this is causing the pinion to drop.

Apparently, Jeep did this on purpose for towing and long arms would only make this worse.

The coilovers are still sweet! Are you going to run limiting straps to prevent the pinion drop or just leave it alone short term?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 334891

View attachment 334892

Trailing arm setup work?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Those brakes are crazy. They should have no problem stopping those 40s!

Getting closer!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Are those the same as Ram 2500 brakes?

Whatever they are, stopping 40s or even bigger should be no problem.

Top Bottom