Fishing Jeepers...Post Up Your Pics

Brute

Hooked
89B6B67A-8AB4-4131-A4ED-6EDB005D7F22.jpeg
The next two days, floated the lower Sacramento…the kings were in the river spawning, so everyone was fishing beads (my least favorite way to fish)…while we took fish on the beads, we equally caught plenty of 18-20” bows on rubber leg stones and 16-18 nymphs…

Brute

Hooked
571DA27D-04E3-4048-98E1-96F10EC1CB42.jpeg
Next two days floating the Fall River…difficult fishery, crystal clear spring river late in the season, swinging 18 soft hackles on 18’ 6x leaders…managed to get a few pigs into the net (broke off a lot of fish) including this 22” slab, which looks small in the guides enormous net

Brute

Hooked
B2E54470-D2CA-4ED5-807F-D05787D868C0.jpeg
The weather turned nasty during the2nd day in Fall River, lows in the teens, snow and cold rain…we were planning on fishing either Hat Creek or the Pit, but decided to head back to Redding and fish another section of the upper Sac

Small parrotfish off of Ft. Lauderdale. Fishing has been really bad up to 5 miles offshore since 2002-ish. Catch a couple dolphin and kingfish from time to time but its scarce. We really just go out to be on the water, get some drinks and laughs.

Attachments

• 20210918_120713.jpg
    20210918_120713.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 8

Brute

Hooked
Small parrotfish off of Ft. Lauderdale. Fishing has been really bad up to 5 miles offshore since 2002-ish. Catch a couple dolphin and kingfish from time to time but its scarce. We really just go out to be on the water, get some drinks and laughs.
Parrotfish are not easy to catch by hook and line…their powerful beak they use to scrape algae off of coral can easily break a hook…not to mention they eat algae…

Parrotfish are not easy to catch by hook and line…their powerful beak they use to scrape algae off of coral can easily break a hook…not to mention they eat algae…
I was just as surprised with catching it. Never caught one before but have certainly seen big ones down on wrecks nearby. Best is during night dives when they have that bladder thing they do.
Trying to get back out next weekend weather permitting. Probably going to troll or get some spoons for kings. I'll post a follow up on how we didn't catch anything, like always - just burning gas.

Brute

Hooked
I was just as surprised with catching it. Never caught one before but have certainly seen big ones down on wrecks nearby. Best is during night dives when they have that bladder thing they do.
Trying to get back out next weekend weather permitting. Probably going to troll or get some spoons for kings. I'll post a follow up on how we didn't catch anything, like always - just burning gas.
Worst day fishing is…

Top Bottom