Fishing Jeepers...Post Up Your Pics

Brute

Hooked
That camera is cool. Wish that shit was around when I was tying. Is it Integrated into the lens or somewhere separate?
It’s not a camera…it’s an led lighted magnifying lens…it can be powered by usb or 110…I’m just following a YouTube tying bid on my laptop

Brute

Hooked
I'm no critic of fly tying, but those look good to me. Why do you need so many? Do they wear out or get lost or are you making them for the practice & enjoyment?
Yes to all of the above...Fish break you off, fish's teeth cut into the thread and the flies unravel. When I was in Alaska, I routinely lost a dozen flies in a day...especially since there was a large population of sockeye salmon in the rivers spawning, with their pronounced spawning teeth; I'd hook into a hot 20+" rainbow that would take off into a pod of salmon and cut me off on their teeth. 8C641DB8-818C-4598-A8DA-3BCA0B3703AC.jpeg 2E52A29C-3A2E-4F2A-BBA4-9E9F0510EC22.jpeg

Brute

Hooked
Yes to all of the above...Fish break you off, fish's teeth cut into the thread and the flies unravel. When I was in Alaska, I routinely lost a dozen flies in a day...especially since there was a large population of sockeye salmon in the rivers spawning, with their pronounced spawning teeth; I'd hook into a hot 20+" rainbow that would take off into a pod of salmon and cut me off on their teeth. View attachment 372750 View attachment 372751
My goal is to build a box of flies that I have tied and to only fish these...and the more I tie, the better the flies turn out, as well as I'm beginning to get more time efficient in tying them

Top Bottom