Fishing Jeepers...Post Up Your Pics

Brute

Hooked
My new toy...7wt Sage Igniter with a Lamson Litespeed Micra 5...streamer flamethrower...

Attachments

• IMG_3378.jpg
    IMG_3378.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 81

GTJeeper

Nothing too exciting but got out on the Yakima this weekend with some buddies, ended up with 6 rainbows from 8”-14”

I started fly fishing this summer and just got my first set of waders, quite a game changer I must say. IMG_5627.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Not the canyon it’s always busy, we parked at the end of gladmore park road by the thorp fruit stand and went up and down the river a bit by the walking bridge. Not too bad of a spot I’d recommend it.

I'm looking for a place to throw in a small pontoon boat...I've never fished the Yakima, but I'm going to be in WA next week and want to get in some fly fishing...would you say the river flow is slow enough to row upstream?

GTJeeper

I'm looking for a place to throw in a small pontoon boat...I've never fished the Yakima, but I'm going to be in WA next week and want to get in some fly fishing...would you say the river flow is slow enough to row upstream?

Depends how strong you are...jk
Honestly I’d say there are sections where it’s doable, and sections where I don’t know you’d be able up river from Ellensburg. I know must people tend to float the canyon area more, but I didn’t look at it when I was in town. I would try to call Red’s fly shop, they’re in the canyon and would have some good info on that for you. If I recall correctly I believe they offer a shuttle service if you float the river to fish, I want to say they may have offered it for free aswell.

Brute

Hooked
Depends how strong you are...jk
Honestly I’d say there are sections where it’s doable, and sections where I don’t know you’d be able up river from Ellensburg. I know must people tend to float the canyon area more, but I didn’t look at it when I was in town. I would try to call Red’s fly shop, they’re in the canyon and would have some good info on that for you. If I recall correctly I believe they offer a shuttle service if you float the river to fish, I want to say they may have offered it for free aswell.

That would be an option...thanks. Not too sure if I could convince my wife to pick me up a couple miles downriver...

Top Bottom