Fishing Jeepers...Post Up Your Pics

MTG

Caught the Bug
It is a lake trout...a first for me. There are places where they approach 60 lbs or more...middle of the summer is not ideal for fishing for them, but we caught our limit of two each...waiting for MTG to post up pics of them cooked...

We had some tonight. Delicious. Wife even cooked them while I was out. Fried them in olive oil and butter like we discussed. I'd post pictures but apparently I've sold out and shouldn't do that anymore. :crazyeyes:

trailraider

That’s a nice sized coho. Sometimes it’s tough to get through the silvers to get down to chinook. Never a bad day when that happens though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

it was great just to get out, i look at as the fish are a bonus. But one guy bagged two 30+lbs coho's, made mine look really small. lol
more a ego pounder then anything.

GTJeeper

Got some fly fishing done from camp at Wells Lake on the whipsaw trail in B.C. Nothing huge but ended with 5 little rainbows in about 15 mins, all catch and release.

IMG_0596.jpg

trailraider

Wow, you sure they were coho? 30+ lbs is huge and would be super rare to get one, let alone two.

yep definitely coho's. we were fishing about half way up the B.C coast line in an inlet. some really good fishing there. caught a couple of Hali's as well. there was a also a 24lb lingcod caught there too.

ScoobyCarolanNC

15” stockie our of the pond at my gun club. We stock them in the fall & they’re catch & release till spring when the water temps rise. Then it’s dinner time!

Attachments

• BDA933EF-B1C8-4CA8-9E22-FCA2B93CFD2B.jpg
    BDA933EF-B1C8-4CA8-9E22-FCA2B93CFD2B.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 83

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Well I got a cheap ass used fly rod and reel. It's a 7lb. I know kinda heavy, but I have never tried this type of fishing. Thought it would be a good starter and if I like maybe move to a better one. I've always been a catfish, wiper, panfish fisherman. So I would like to try mountain rivers and lakes for trout and salmon. All tips and suggestions welcome.

WJCO

Meme King
Well I got a cheap ass used fly rod and reel. It's a 7lb. I know kinda heavy, but I have never tried this type of fishing. Thought it would be a good starter and if I like maybe move to a better one. I've always been a catfish, wiper, panfish fisherman. So I would like to try mountain rivers and lakes for trout and salmon. All tips and suggestions welcome.

Practice, practice, practice. Take the hook off and practice casting in your yard. You'll easily see how when you actually get out there, you don't want objects behind you. You need room. Ive been to lakes where the only thing the fish are biting on is flies. It's exciting because you can watch them see the fly hit and swim right to it.

Brute

Hooked

2 o'clock pause...10 o'clock pause...repeat till arm falls off.

One of the fun things about fly fishing is that they are great for panfish & bass, not just for trout. Grab some small surface poppers and plop them near some lily pads...small short strips of line to make them pop...whamo!

JDDK

also try the telescoping Tenkara rods, they are easy because they have a fixed line and no reel. Its all I fish with now and super fun. Great for backpacking...

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Practice, practice, practice. Take the hook off and practice casting in your yard. You'll easily see how when you actually get out there, you don't want objects behind you. You need room. Ive been to lakes where the only thing the fish are biting on is flies. It's exciting because you can watch them see the fly hit and swim right to it.

2 o'clock pause...10 o'clock pause...repeat till arm falls off.

One of the fun things about fly fishing is that they are great for panfish & bass, not just for trout. Grab some small surface poppers and plop them near some lily pads...small short strips of line to make them pop...whamo!

also try the telescoping Tenkara rods, they are easy because they have a fixed line and no reel. Its all I fish with now and super fun. Great for backpacking...

I can't wait to try it out. As for that Tenkara...that's pretty sweet. Kinda reminds me of the cane pole I had at one time

Top Bottom