Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

TJ4fun

As far as I am concerned, those folks that do the jobs that protect us, heal us and save us can toot there own horn from time to time. Its a tough job and we appreciate it...so, toot away.

big dr

As long as this thing got revived, I should at least post an apology. I was late to the thread, and by the time I read it there were already some funny things said, and I probably didn't get some of the sarcasm from some of the posts. When I did post, there may have been some alcohol on board; it was intended to be a friendly jab at you guys on the other side of public service, but I clearly went to far,,especially on Napalm, who seems to be a great young guy who is just excited about what he does.(no harm in that) there you have it, a big fat bite of humble pie;)

As long as this thing got revived, I should at least post an apology. I was late to the thread, and by the time I read it there were already some funny things said, and I probably didn't get some of the sarcasm from some of the posts. When I did post, there may have been some alcohol on board; it was intended to be a friendly jab at you guys on the other side of public service, but I clearly went to far,,especially on Napalm, who seems to be a great young guy who is just excited about what he does.(no harm in that) there you have it, a big fat bite of humble pie;)
Thats a pretty stand-up thing to do on your part. Im sure its appreciated by several.

Napalm

I can tell you I appreciate it. While I'm all for some jabber between red and blue, I hate to see us stand on two sides of the line and be against each other.

Your a stand up guy and I appreciate that!

Hobolobo

Can volunteers join in on the fun here? New recruit with Crosby,TX VFD checking in. Cant wait to get started on this new wayalife!

Jackal01

Can volunteers join in on the fun here? New recruit with Crosby,TX VFD checking in.

:crazyeyes: Why not?

The calls I run and the fire I go to are the same for the paid guys. :yup: Regardless, you're gonna have fun. I started when was 18 (11 years ago) and I can't imagine not being a firefighter having been one my entire adult life. I am on my second department and this is the most fun I have ever had. So many opportunities. Love it.

What training do they require for recruits/cadets?

Jackal01

I can for sure handle some ribbing. Fire department is a place to not have thin skin so you didn't really offend me. That is why I didn't say anything to that stupid (at the time) post. Even if you meant every word or didn't like firefighters...cool. You wouldn't have hurt my feelings. But...water under the bridge as far as I am concerned and I appreciate the apology.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I will echo what Napalm said and appreciate the apology as well......you have my thanks and respect Big.......stay safe out there Brother

~Woodrow~

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I'm not a FF, LEO, Paramedic or EMT, but I do fly an EMS helicopter and after some of the accidents and other situations my med-crew and I have flown people out of you guys get all my respect. Some of the images you go home with CANNOT be easy to get past. Thank you and be safe out there. Jeff ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439864819.798754.jpg

Jackal01

Joker, pilots of medical aircraft are up there with us. I sure as hell can't fly any aircraft but I can take care of the patient. The pilots we have here (Hermann Life Flight) are some of the best in the country. They can do things with helicopters that I would think would be no-good but they put that bird where it needs to be. Mad respect for yall.

Last edited:

YoungFire

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445944853.531743.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445944954.991301.jpg

Some tower training ( best leaf peeping ever in New England[emoji23])

and my girl sitting big with some of the pieces at HQ :)

Napalm

Firefighter Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

Bumping this age old thread for some cool stuff.

I just got hired on with a small part time fire dept for a small suburb near where I live. They have all black fire apparatus.

Engine 101
IMG_1327.jpg
Squad 1(EMS)
IMG_1328.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

I like the black! Not digging the two mini bars on top of the F150, though.

Today I interviewed for Captain and EO for the dept I volunteer with (Cypress Creek FD). 3 capt and 3 EOs open which will make 3 of our 4 stations full time. Start date is Jan 2 so it will be a tense couple weeks coming up!

Napalm

Today I interviewed for Captain and EO for the dept I volunteer with (Cypress Creek FD). 3 capt and 3 EOs open which will make 3 of our 4 stations full time. Start date is Jan 2 so it will be a tense couple weeks coming up!

Nice brother! Good luck to you. Would that make you full time with the FD and no more Marshal work?

Good luck Charlie. My fingers are crossed for ya!

Jackal01

Nice brother! Good luck to you. Would that make you full time with the FD and no more Marshal work?

Correct. I will be shopping for a part time gig at that point. May go to the county FMO as they're always hiring PT.
Good luck Charlie. My fingers are crossed for ya!

Thanks.

Best part is having 4 straight days off! Then until I get a PT gig but even then I won't complain.

Napalm

Correct. I will be shopping for a part time gig at that point. May go to the county FMO as they're always hiring PT.

Thanks.

Best part is having 4 straight days off! Then until I get a PT gig but even then I won't complain.

Nice, great luck to you sir[emoji1303]

Who else out there is living the public safety Wayalife ?! Shout out to all our brothers in blue, brothers in red, and anyone riding a box. Stay safe out there.

Top Bottom