FEELER: WTB (possibly) take off front d44

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Any vehicle has its weak spots. That's part of the fun in building a vehicle up. My stock rubicon can do things that my built up blazer never could. Just like most animals though, a Rubicon has some soft spots on its underbelly that either need some additional protection, or some additional consideration when choosing your path on the trails.

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked
I did not say that the axles are "sucky", just the stock configuration on the Rubicon. I mean, Sunday a stick rendered my Rubicon useless. But I'll probably save that for another thread and really was probably a freak accident.

These axles are pretty good. PM with questions.

Doh! I totally missed your point. Forgive me, I'm old. Lol.

While a stock Rubicon is an extremely capable vehicle, they definitely have some weaknesses.

What are the odds of a stick disabling your Jeep. :crazyeyes:

One thing I definitely don't like on my 2015 Rubicon is the exposed auto trans cooler line on the bottom of the transmission. Can't wait to install the EVO skid plate.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yours would make the perfect donor jeep!!! You should get a prorock this month. Win-win all around ;-)

Lol! I think a prorock with a stock suspension and tires might be a bit overkill. Plus, my axle plan is pretty much run it until it breaks and then upgrade.

Lol! I think a prorock with a stock suspension and tires might be a bit overkill. Plus, my axle plan is pretty much run it until it breaks and then upgrade.
If i dont find one, thats gonna be my plan too. Lol. Just not a very good plan for a DD.

No. Still running D30. PR going in shortly.
That was initially my plan, and i guess it still could be, but its my understanding that speed bends housings and there sure isnt any desert bombing type trails around here. And i probably wouldnt run them if if there was. Trail/Rock crawling is really all i do. I just dont know if i can justify 4-5k when a $1500 axle would probably do me just fine. Idk.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Wish I was in a position to sell you mine buddy. I have 2 more years on the Jeep and then I'm thinking about doing a cash out re-fi on it to purchase axle(s) that way and claim the interest on my taxes. It's the slow but smart way for me.

Wish I was in a position to sell you mine buddy. I have 2 more years on the Jeep and then I'm thinking about doing a cash out re-fi on it to purchase axle(s) that way and claim the interest on my taxes. It's the slow but smart way for me.

Dont be smart about it Dave...be greedy

Top Bottom