Fair price?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I thinking of picking up a lightly used Mopar metal front bumper with skid plate for my new JTR which came with the standard plastic front bumper. What would you say is a fair price for one? $500?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
$500 is a great price for a factory steel bumper!
Thanks. I should have mentioned the guy is asking $875 (with LEDs). I honestly don't know what these things are going for currently, so is $500 a low ball? I don't need the LED's and he says he's willing to separate them.

jesse3638

Hooked
Anywhere from $800-$900 for a take off steel front bumper is what I've seen. Thats if you can find one. I think if you buy one new they're around $1100-$1200

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Anywhere from $800-$900 for a take off steel front bumper is what I've seen. Thats if you can find one. I think if you buy one new they're around $1100-$1200
hmmm.....okay, thanks. For that price, they're are other options I'll have to consider. I do like the look of the factory one though. Decisions, decisions.

kevman65

Hooked
There are two MOPAR steel front bumpers.

The one just marked MOPAR Steel Front Bumper retails for around $1100.

The one marked MOPAR Rubicon Steel Front Bumper retails for around $1300.

The Rubicon one comes up on the resale market less and usually gets top dollar.

I've looked at pictures of both and no, I can't see the difference.

Keep in mind, if you're planning on reusing your fog lights, you'll need adapters. The fog lights for the steel bumpers has a different mounting pattern. Isn't JEEP brilliant?!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Keep in mind, if you're planning on reusing your fog lights, you'll need adapters. The fog lights for the steel bumpers has a different mounting pattern. Isn't JEEP brilliant?!
huh....good to know. I'll have to look into that because I was planning on running my factory fogs. Yea, I did notice the price difference between some of the models. There are also what appear to be non OEM knockoffs on eBay. Don't know what the deal is with those but they're cheaper.

kevman65

Hooked
huh....good to know. I'll have to look into that because I was planning on running my factory fogs. Yea, I did notice the price difference between some of the models. There are also what appear to be non OEM knockoffs on eBay. Don't know what the deal is with those but they're cheaper.
Lots of discussion about the "knockoffs". It seems they come from the same factory, but don't pass inspection for OEM. Chinese aren't regulated don't ya know.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
So as not to leave a cliffhanger of a story, I offered him $600 and he countered my offer with $650 for bumper and skid. He asked an additional 150 for endcaps and led lights. I ended up just buying it all. He had all the hardware as well. I figure I will probably upgrade to LED headlamps at some point or just sell them to recoup a little of the cost. Pics to follow.

jorgelrod

Hooked
You can see videos on Youtube of these. It is clear that these would not pass Mopar inspection, things like the holes for the hooks are not squared properly or the finish being crap. Also some of them have rust blowing up rust bubbles within 3 months. THey are cheap, but you do get what you pay for

Top Bottom