F*#KIN SCUMBAG

Question, bottom outer lip of flare where the plastic rivets go, that is part of the flare and the rivets hold the fender liner in, correct?

Are those rivets reusable, or get destroyed on removal?
The fenders are really held together by a shitload of plastic welds between the inner & outer flare, There are also a bunch of tabs that lock the edges of the flares in place. IIRC those rivets really don't do much.

Here's the Quake LED install instructions that show how to separate the inner & outer flare pieces - you can see here how they are held together.

Question, bottom outer lip of flare where the plastic rivets go, that is part of the flare and the rivets hold the fender liner in, correct?

Are those rivets reusable, or get destroyed on removal?
Yup... The rivets hold the liner to the flare, the area you can see is part of the fender flare itself.

The fenders are really held together by a shitload of plastic welds between the inner & outer flare, There are also a bunch of tabs that lock the edges of the flares in place. IIRC those rivets really don't do much.

Here's the Quake LED install instructions that show how to separate the inner & outer flare pieces - you can see here how they are held together.

Thanks for the link and Thank you again Ddays for the DRL's I really do appreciate it.

Hate that happened to you. Your right, a hit and run is the same as theft.
I'm assuming you don't have street view security video. Have you asked the neighbors?

I was waiting to turn left into a concert venue one time and I was tuned in about 15 degrees so my driver side front tire was sticking out. This drunk kid in oncoming traffic hit my tire / wheel and dented his car from the front door all the way down to the rear panel.

My steering wheel was a little off center. I assume my stock drag link bent a little. My synergy tie rod was fine.

I checked my DL / TRE for play in the joints, checked my toe in which was fine, Re-centered my steering wheel and drive away. That was a few years ago. No issues since.

Hope you have no issues as well.

New flare arrived this morning, all looks good after shipping (FedEx).

I do have a question. Are the harnesses the same between LED and halogen DRL's? I seem to remember something somewhere has a different wire, but that could be the Halo on the LED headlight.

Finally had some time and felt good enough to tackle this.

First, broke all but 4 of the white clips taking the flare off. Glad the new flare came with a full compliment of clips.

Followed the video @wayoflife did for fender chop on the JL. I will say, there is NO 8 mm bolt on the JT. I had 5 10 mm bolts and I'll be damned if I didn't forget where one of them went so now I have an extra.

Xmas trees were junk after removing, have to get an assortment from auto parts store. Fricken plastic rivets don't do worth shit in either rivet gun. But I figured out a way to make it work half assed.

Side marker light ended up a little out of place, noticed it AFTER I had fender back on, so that's something to sort out another day.

There was all kinds of carnage inside the old flare. The frame the light bolts to was in three pieces. The stand off frame at back bottom of flare was in two pieces and both tabs that attach to flare (and mudflap) were broken off. Most of the internal plastic spot welds were broken, I peeled the top skin off with no effort. DRL lens fell apart into several pieces once I got it loose from frame and flare.

Finally had some time and felt good enough to tackle this.

First, broke all but 4 of the white clips taking the flare off. Glad the new flare came with a full compliment of clips.

Followed the video @wayoflife did for fender chop on the JL. I will say, there is NO 8 mm bolt on the JT. I had 5 10 mm bolts and I'll be damned if I didn't forget where one of them went so now I have an extra.

Xmas trees were junk after removing, have to get an assortment from auto parts store. Fricken plastic rivets don't do worth shit in either rivet gun. But I figured out a way to make it work half assed.

Side marker light ended up a little out of place, noticed it AFTER I had fender back on, so that's something to sort out another day.

There was all kinds of carnage inside the old flare. The frame the light bolts to was in three pieces. The stand off frame at back bottom of flare was in two pieces and both tabs that attach to flare (and mudflap) were broken off. Most of the internal plastic spot welds were broken, I peeled the top skin off with no effort. DRL lens fell apart into several pieces once I got it loose from frame and flare.
You’ll feel better after a couple beers…

You’ll feel better after a couple beers…

Oh I'm already over the damage. Was surprised to see the internal damage since it was hot out when it happened. If it had been a cold day, there would have been bits and pieces everywhere.

Oh I'm already over the damage. Was surprised to see the internal damage since it was hot out when it happened. If it had been a cold day, there would have been bits and pieces everywhere.
Still...a little like opening an old wound...

I'm having a couple beers for you...

Top Bottom