F*#KIN SCUMBAG

kevman65

Hooked
So, someone did a hit & run on my JT last night.

Yes, I park on the street, yes I live in a bad part of town.

Crunched my driver front flare, flare trim, and LED light in flare. Shoved the entire front of the JT 3 feet over. Smudged my Rock Hard full width bumper (rubber and paint) but didn't hurt it. Knocked my steering wheel almost 90 degrees out. Just got back in from crawling around checking hardware on front suspension and adjusting drag link to get wheel back straight so the dash doesn't light up. Did a cursory look at a MOPAR site for parts and it's going to cost a little over $600 to replace everything (damned LED is more that flare) and my deductible is $500 so probably not calling this in.

I understand shit happens, but BE A FUCKING MAN and leave information when you screw up. This is the same as stealing. But yes, some people feel they aren't responsible for their actions and it's all my fault for legally parking in front of my house.

Oh, trust me, their car is WAY fucked up by the parts I picked up out of the street. By the appearance of the parts, it's a newer, expensive, fast moving car like a Camaro or a Mustang, or a Challenger.

Light housing is cracked worse than it shows, when I started it and turned the lights on the cracks run almost all the way across and some spider webbing top to bottom.

JT Hit 1.jpgJT Hit 2.jpg

This amber piece below could be an issue. It was torn out of the housing, wiring looks fine, but may not mount back up. In the parts fiche it is shown as a separate piece but is not available as one. So if it doesn't come with the new one, some hillbilly ingenuity may be involved.

JT Hit 3.jpg

I park parallel to curb with passenger tires just touching the bottom of the curb. Hit me hard enough to move me a couple of feet.

JT Hit 4.jpg

Man, that’s rough!

Knowing the Jeep was hit that hard, I’d dig deeper to look for hidden damage.

Man, that’s rough!

From what I see, the corner of the bumper took the heavy impact. The wheels/steering wheel were probably affected by the 2 foot drag.

There is paint/rubber smudged on the outer face of the end of the bumper. This is why I went full width and it did it's job.
When I get the chance, I'll do a shakedown drive to see if anything else is amiss.

Still pissed that it's barely over my deductible and I have to mess with all of it.

Light housing is cracked worse than it shows, when I started it and turned the lights on the cracks run almost all the way across and some spider webbing top to bottom.

View attachment 378608View attachment 378609

This amber piece below could be an issue. It was torn out of the housing, wiring looks fine, but may not mount back up. In the parts fiche it is shown as a separate piece but is not available as one. So if it doesn't come with the new one, some hillbilly ingenuity may be involved.

View attachment 378610

I park parallel to curb with passenger tires just touching the bottom of the curb. Hit me hard enough to move me a couple of feet.

View attachment 378611
That sucks!

What a piece of shit. Sorry to hear this. Diode Dynamics makes those little lights but not sure if they make an amber one.

Last edited:
What a piece of shit. Sorry to hear this. Diode Dynamics makes those little lights but not sure if they make an amber one.

Thank you, with your pictures in that thread I know what I have. The torx screw is still in the side marker, the screw loop on the DRL tore loose. The pins on the side marker pulled out of the connector, so when I take everything apart I will see if the connector is salvageable. The side marker is a little scuffed, I'll take some polish to it to see if it cleans up.

Anybody else remember when a parts fiche used to show how things went together? DAMN I'm old.

Shit in that case take a sledge hammer to the pinch seam to get sliders.
Those happened before anything else. She needed something to step on to be able to get in. Went with Rock Hard sliders with angled down tubes.

I haven't changed out the rear because I don't want to give up the short bed sliders and she thought the money for rear bumper with protection in that area was too much. Now she gets it, the heavy stuff protects the expensive stuff.

And this is what makes online communities so great to be part of.

Someone here has offered me a set of LED DRL's that he has sitting around after changing out to aftermarket.
I told him that was great and I would cover shipping on his wonderful offer.

I won't mention his name until he gives me permission to, I've found some people want to stay anonymous in situations like this.

Question, bottom outer lip of flare where the plastic rivets go, that is part of the flare and the rivets hold the fender liner in, correct?

Are those rivets reusable, or get destroyed on removal?

Man, that’s rough!

I plan to when I get the flare off. Don't want to do anything until I have all the parts ready to switch. Be a bitch to have something not go back on.

Top Bottom