Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

Clark Griswold

Have about 10k miles on my 35's on stock wheels typically running around 28psi, getting a little noisier as everyone else is experiencing but nothing annoying at all, really smooth up to 80mph also. Have been in sand, mud snow and ice and am very impressed. Just this past weekend broke through some ice into some mud up to the diffs and without lockers was able to get out without much problem, these things really throw the mud. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence. 0114181212_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

aTX427

Yeah, maybe a bad camera angle. It had a leak that would expel air everytime the tire rotated. I aired it up and drove back to the house. It didn't take long to completely deflate when I got there. DTD already has a replacement on its way. The tires performed exceptionally. Hopefully this was just one of those things.

View attachment 288354

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had a commercial truck tire shop vulcanize the sidewall slice. I have not installed it yet, but the work looks legit.

IMG_1731.JPG
IMG_1732.JPG

dgriz

I’m close to pulling the trigger on these in 37”. My dilemma is: do I go with 12.5 with D load or 13.5 with E load? Is there any reason not to go with the 13.5s on a DD?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I run 13.5. Buddy has the 12.5 and wish he went 13.5. They look so much meatier. Maybe if you have too much backspacing on your wheels the 12.5 would be an option. I have 4" BS and use the 13.5 without rubbing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m close to pulling the trigger on these in 37”. My dilemma is: do I go with 12.5 with D load or 13.5 with E load? Is there any reason not to go with the 13.5s on a DD?

13.50 is the way to go unless you have to run wheels with a lot of back spacing and/or to keep your tires under the fenders.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Have about 10k miles on my 35's on stock wheels typically running around 28psi, getting a little noisier as everyone else is experiencing but nothing annoying at all, really smooth up to 80mph also. Have been in sand, mud snow and ice and am very impressed. Just this past weekend broke through some ice into some mud up to the diffs and without lockers was able to get out without much problem, these things really throw the mud. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence.

Thanks for the info on the 35's. This will definitely be my choice in the next couple weeks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have 1.5” and bearly rub the coilovers at full turn. Guess I’m gonna have to get machetes [emoji857]. Thanks for the fast shipment of stickers there great!!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh yeah, if you're running coil overs, you won't be able to keep your factory wheels. machetes are a nice upgrade! Glad to hear you got your decals :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Sure is strange. Granted I don't consider myself self a hardcore wheeler at all and I've only run 33s on these stt pros, but I probably ran at least 20 trails this year with no issues and several others the previous year that I ran these. I also have personal friends that run these as well as many other members here on the forum run them. The only other issue I've heard of was Eddie, but in his case, he ran over a rogue branch.

I'm assuming that these are load Es ?

aTX427

That may be part of the problem - they are C-rated and have a lot of smooth sidewall for a 40 on 17" tires. It's difficult to tell where the cut started, but the Nitto's have additional sidewall lugs in the area of the cut.

Last edited:
Top Bottom