Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

Buster3479

Eddie or anyone else running this tire in 40x13.5R17 on beadlocks. What pressure are you running them at for highway driving?

After chalk testing them a few times, I've gotten numbers below 20psi at even wear. I'm reluctant to run a 40 that low at 70mph and bumped them up to 25 psi, but was curious what other's have been doing. This is my first set of 40s so I have no baseline to work from.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Eddie or anyone else running this tire in 40x13.5R17 on beadlocks. What pressure are you running them at for highway driving?

After chalk testing them a few times, I've gotten numbers below 20psi at even wear. I'm reluctant to run a 40 that low at 70mph and bumped them up to 25 psi, but was curious what other's have been doing. This is my first set of 40s so I have no baseline to work from.

I'll have to let the experts answer that, but it doesn't sound unreasonable, given the pressures that a lot of people are running 35's and 37's with.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug

I think Eddie has posted before that he runs his STT Pros at 31 psi for daily driving.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VMSHack

I know it may not help but I replaced my stock bfgoodrich mt on my Rubicon with 255/75R17 cooper stt pro, in stock size ride great on the road, haven’t been Offroad with them but they look great, quiet, and comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Ok quick question on this, just got my stock size stt’s about a month ago ... why pressure is recommended for stock size? I usually run them about 38-40 because the tpms

If you draw chalk across the tread, then backup 50 feet, then forward again to the same spot, you'll be able to see the pattern worn off where the tire is actually meeting the pavement. I bet you'll find between 28-32 is a better pressure for you. You may have to get a programmer to disable the TPMS though.

VMSHack

If you draw chalk across the tread, then backup 50 feet, then forward again to the same spot, you'll be able to see the pattern worn off where the tire is actually meeting the pavement. I bet you'll find between 28-32 is a better pressure for you. You may have to get a programmer to disable the TPMS though.

Thanks I will try that

Jmo

I’m running Cooper STT Pro 40’s and ATX Chamber pro’s.

Running them at 26 psi right now and seems to be ok. This is my first set of 40’s as well..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m running Cooper STT Pro 40’s and ATX Chamber pro’s.

Running them at 26 psi right now and seems to be ok. This is my first set of 40’s as well..

Yup, have the exact same setup and run ours at the same psi.

Have to say just ran these in the first good Utah snow of the year and wow, are they great in the snow ❄️

Of all the mud terrains I have run, these Coopers are hands down the best in the snow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I side walled on of my 40's today in Moab. This was day 5 on the trail with maybe 50 previous street miles since new.

Ummm, I don't get it, your sidewall has a scratch in it. Unless I'm missing something, it seems to be holding air just fine. If I pissed my pants over ever scratch, nick or even chunk I have in my tires, I wouldn't be able to drive my Jeeps.

aTX427

Yeah, maybe a bad camera angle. It had a leak that would expel air everytime the tire rotated. I aired it up and drove back to the house. It didn't take long to completely deflate when I got there. DTD already has a replacement on its way. The tires performed exceptionally. Hopefully this was just one of those things.

IMG_1657.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, maybe a bad camera angle. It had a leak that would expel air everytime the tire rotated. I aired it up and drove back to the house. It didn't take long to completely deflate when I got there. DTD already has a replacement on its way. The tires performed exceptionally. Hopefully this was just one of those things.

Fair enough. The other pic didn't look like it but if it's cut through, it's cut through. Sucks.

Top Bottom