Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

Discount Tire

It’s actually America’s Tire but from what i understand it’s the same company. Do you think they could help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Edwrds,

Thank you for your post so that we can be of assistance. PM coming your way.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I've been working with Discount Tire for about 30 years. I'd be really surprised if they didn't take care of this to the best of their ability. Great company to work with.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Don from DT sent me a PM and he is going to see what can be done.

I want to reiterate what I have mentioned before this issue had nothing to do with Discount Tire. They have always been good to me, even in this situation they are willing to get me a new tire at a lower price. I’m hoping Don can get this issue resolved further.

View attachment 353603 View attachment 353604
Ok guys so this happened to me on the freeway going around 75mph running 30psi. Tires have less than 19k on them. All the tread just came apart. What you guys think?

Tire size 37-12.50

Yea that’s gonna have to be a trail spare at this point...seriously though, wow. Glad you are ok[emoji106]

I want to reiterate what I have mentioned before this issue had nothing to do with Discount Tire. They have always been good to me, even in this situation they are willing to get me a new tire at a lower price. I’m hoping Don can get this issue resolved further.

Yea, I would definitely be interested to hear what Discount says about the conversation that they will inevitably have with Cooper. They may not say much...Just so curious to hear what could cause that...who knows, maybe they will make an adjustment to better their product. Seems like everyone’s experience with Cooper is consistent performance otherwise...maybe just an oversight in QC

You ever get any answers or follow up to the cause or get taken care of?

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
IMG_3138.jpg

Ok guys check this out look familiar this is on my brother in-laws Jeep. Tires purchased at the same shop within a week from when I purchased my tires.

jesse3638

Hooked
View attachment 357885

Ok guys check this out look familiar this is on my brother in-laws Jeep. Tires purchased at the same shop within a week from when I purchased my tires.

Looks Ike the tread is coming off jist like the other one yu posted. I wonder if Cooper had a bad batch. I'd be curious to look at the date code and facility to see if they're the same.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That’s effing crazy. I’m literally about to buy a set of 35’s for my son. This second pic will probably send me in a different direction.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Looks Ike the tread is coming off jist like the other one yu posted. I wonder if Cooper had a bad batch. I'd be curious to look at the date code and facility to see if they're the same.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm on my 3rd set with no issues. I agree to look at the date code on both sets of tires.

Ddays

Hooked
Wow, that sucks. They had to have had a bad batch. Especially being that those were bought at the same location in the same time frame. I have to say I did get a bad tire with my last set.
It was so out of round you could actually see it at highway speeds by watching it from the driver window. But it's also the only tire I've ever had that was or went bad from them too.

I can see how people would be gun shy and its really a shame because that's an awesome tire.

Elroy231

Damn i was about to try and sell a set of 5 that don't even have 2k miles. I have no issues with em I just need a set of 40s now.
This company has a solid reputation, thing like this tend to send people to another brand though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

I really liked my Coopers just was a little surprised how easy they chunk first time out. Sucks to see a second set blow out like that.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I really liked my Coopers just was a little surprised how easy they chunk first time out. Sucks to see a second set blow out like that.

I was the same. Loved the tire in 90% of conditions. Definitely chunked bad the first couple of times out and then slowed.
In the sand/silt I found they didn’t have a hard enough angle at the shoulder and would push instead of cutting into the turn when at speed.

That being said, wouldn’t hesitate to buy another set or recommend them

Top Bottom