Evo Plush coils

silverbackjk

Hey guys i am trying to decide between the evo 3in of 4in plush coils. I had a few questions, First does anyone have a measurement form the ground to the bottom of the fender front and rear running 35's and 4in springs? Is the ride really that much beter than other standard coils? When my 35's burn out and i move to 37's would i be able to run 3in coils with cut fenders? Or do i need to go to the 4in coils if i want to run 37's?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I don't have the measurements but I can get them for you tomorrow. I run 3" coils with flatties and 37's. I have experienced stock coils, Rancho, Teraflex and EVO plush ride. Of all four the plush rides are definitely soft and they love up to their name. Here's a picture of my mall crawler:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380340023.412182.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey silverback when you are in Reno again shoot me a PM or text. You can take Knuckles for a drive and try them out yourself.

Spartan

Hey silverback when you are in Reno again shoot me a PM or text. You can take Knuckles for a drive and try them out yourself.

My wife and I are going to be in the Reno area the end of OCT. Would love to meet up and take a looks at Knuckles. If that's ok with you. Thinking about getting the EVO Enforcer, and TG's for my Jeep.

MTG

Caught the Bug
My wife and I are going to be in the Reno area the end of OCT. Would love to meet up and take a looks at Knuckles. If that's ok with you. Thinking about getting the EVO Enforcer, and TG's for my Jeep.

Shoot me a PM when it gets closer or when you know the dates.

suicideking

I would go with 4" if you want to do 37's. I have the 4" and 35's, will go to 37's next.

The 4" will get a little more expensive than 3". I went from 2.5" RK springs to the 4" Evo and needed steering correction. I went with the Synergy drag link kit with relocation. Might not be necessary if you do 3".

silverbackjk

I don't have the measurements but I can get them for you tomorrow. I run 3" coils with flatties and 37's. I have experienced stock coils, Rancho, Teraflex and EVO plush ride. Of all four the plush rides are definitely soft and they love up to their name. Here's a picture of my mall crawler:
View attachment 50686

What size bump stops are you running front and rear?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

silverbackjk

Sounds great. I'll take you up on that for sure. Next time I'm there we also need to get a trail ride in and grab a beer or after have BBQ at my family ranch.

Last edited:

silverbackjk

I would go with 4" if you want to do 37's. I have the 4" and 35's, will go to 37's next.

The 4" will get a little more expensive than 3". I went from 2.5" RK springs to the 4" Evo and needed steering correction. I went with the Synergy drag link kit with relocation. Might not be necessary if you do 3".

I am running RK 3.5 springs now and I gave already installed Evo flip kit. My jeep is pretty heavy from all armor do 4in springs might be the way to go.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sounds great. I'll take you up on that for sure. Next time I'm there we also need to get a trail ride in and grab a beer or after have BBQ at my family ranch.

You had me at family ranch...and trail ride...and beer...and BBQ for that matter. :cheesy:

silverbackjk

You had me at family ranch...and trail ride...and beer...and BBQ for that matter. :cheesy:

If you have not had enough white knuckle thrills from a trail ride you can take a horse up to the red rock peaks single track trail never been so scared in my life.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What size bump stops are you running front and rear?

3" front and rear. Mel recommended I keep the same bumpstops even with 37's unless I get some rubbing, which I haven't had yet at any local mall trail.

Took some measurements for you, the front and rear are level, 46" from the ground to the top of each fender.

silverbackjk

3" front and rear. Mel recommended I keep the same bumpstops even with 37's unless I get some rubbing, which I haven't had yet at any local mall trail.

Took some measurements for you, the front and rear are level, 46" from the ground to the top of each fender.
Thanks for the info I do want to keep it as low as possible. I also wont get 37's for quite some time my 35's still have good tread left and i don't wont the wife to kill me:yup:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thanks for the info I do want to keep it as low as possible. I also wont get 37's for quite some time my 35's still have good tread left and i don't wont the wife to kill me:yup:

Well I had new 35's and sold them for 37's..... Wife didn't have a choice.

silverbackjk

What do you guys's think should i go with the 3in coils or 4in coils? I am running 35's but will upgrade to 37 in a year or so when my 35's wear down.

Top Bottom