Engine cleaning

WJCO

Meme King
Duh but you can't boil water under the engine. Well I guess you could dosent sound like a good idea though.. I guess you could use a clothes steamer

I was totally messing with you. Use a steam cleaner. Not always easy to find, but most cities have a spot that will do it.

JakeJK

I was totally messing with you. Use a steam cleaner. Not always easy to find, but most cities have a spot that will do it.

Ohh okay that makes more sense haha I doubt there's one where I'm from lol our population doubles come gameday

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I did this one time, sprayed the bay down with simple green , let it sit, then used gentle water pressure to rinse everything off....worked well.

WJCO

Meme King
I did this one time, sprayed the bay down with simple green , let it sit, then used gentle water pressure to rinse everything off....worked well.

x2. This does work well. Helps isolate where you want the water too instead of coating your entire engine.

martinzusmc

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447419090.696910.jpg

I used this recently and was quite impressed. I never had any luck with the stuff in the spray cans but in a squirt bottle it worked great. For tough built up areas I will use a toothbrush.

Ddays

Hooked
If your compartment is really cruddy and greasy you can rent a Steam Jenny. Basically a pressure washer with a boiler attached to it to really heat the water up.
Be careful with it though - they get very hot. I use one to clean my forklift every year or so. Equipment rental places can fix you up. These tend to be fairly large so you may need a pickup to get it home...

Irish Pirate

I fill one of these bug sprayers with Simple Green. That skinny long arm lets me get into all those hard to reach areas. I soak it and let it sit for a few minutes. Then just spray it with the hose.

I do this once a month. My 2001 TJ looks like it have a brand new(ish) engine.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451121901.484445.jpg

Top Bottom