EDGE of PIZEN

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Zero Topaz
Edge of Pizen

Interesting names, Eddie. How do you come up with them?
Zero Topaz was easy and it's nothing that Cindy or I came up with. It was simply the name of the parcel and we liked it.

Now, Edge of Pizen, there is a story to it and it goes way back to the 1800's when the town nearby went by another name. Long story short, the town used to be called Switch due to the numerous trails that crossed through and across each other in the valley. Around 1870, a guy named James Downey opened up a popular saloon and started making his own whiskey. However, it's said that the quality of the whiskey was so bad, that imbibers of it would declare that they were being poisoned. Apparently, the word "poison" was difficult for some to say back then and it ended up being pronounced, "pizen". Soon after, the town became known as Pizen Switch. Sadly, the name was changed in the late 1800 due to some locals finding it to be offensive but there are plenty who still prefer it to this day and we are couple of them. And, being that this property of ours is located on the edge of the valley, we decided to call it, the Edge of Pizen. 😁

Zero Topaz was easy and it's nothing that Cindy or I came up with. It was simply the name of the parcel and we liked it.

Now, Edge of Pizen, there is a story to it and it goes way back to the 1800's when the town nearby went by another name. Long story short, the town used to be called Switch due to the numerous trails that crossed through and across each other in the valley. Around 1870, a guy named James Downey opened up a popular saloon and started making his own whiskey. However, it's said that the quality of the whiskey was so bad, that imbibers of it would declare that they were being poisoned. Apparently, the word "poison" was difficult for some to say back then and it ended up being pronounced, "pizen". Soon after, the town became known as Pizen Switch. Sadly, the name was changed in the late 1800 due to some locals finding it to be offensive but there are plenty who still prefer it to this day and we are couple of them. And, being that this property of ours is located on the edge of the valley, we decided to call it, the Edge of Pizen. 😁
Lol, that’s an awesome story! Good question @GP NOIR

GP NOIR

Hooked

I'm with Mike. That's an awesome story and a great idea to use it in the name for your spread. Now you need a brand to go with it.

jamesrw30

Really great property. I'm glad you explained the name. Now I know how to say it 🤣

Top Bottom