Easter Jeep Safari

whispike

Thinking of heading out to Moab for the EJS. Does anyone have any recommendations for a first timer? Would I need to register for the event? I have an RV so are there any specific campgrounds to stay at etc...

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
You need to go to the red rock four wheelers web site to see if there are any runs still open during the safari. If there aren't you can still go and just show up at the city market in the morning to see what folks are running trails outside the safari each day.
As for an RV space, you're probably out of luck there, most folks make their reservations no later than January, but there may be cancellations. As for camping outside a formal park, BLM campgrounds in the area are a first come first serve basis, you can camp in the desert areas for free, but you certainly won't be alone during safari week.
It's a fun event, but most people get RV spaces months (or a year in advance) and register for runs on the first day that registration opens online.
Do a little searching online and see what is available, it's a fun week to be in Moab, Happy Trails!

jmo801

I check the trails availability on a daily basis to see if anyone has cancelled their run on a day that I'll be down there so I can snag it up. There are a few open spots still depending on the days and trails you want to run. As for camping and running trails without the jeep safari group undertheradar was pretty spot on. We reserved our camping spot in September. But not to worry there are plenty of places to camp in an RV still as long as you don't need hookups. One of the places we always see plenty of open spots is down Kane creek blvd.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom