EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Haha. That’s funny. 2-3 runs per day at 110 degrees. 🤣[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

These have been out highs for the past couple weeks over here in the Western Pa area: 91°, 92°, 94°, 90°, 94°, 93°, 82°, 81°, 82°, 91°, 90°, 94°, 92°, 90°, 85°
Doesn't seem too bad but throw in 50-70% humidity on top of that and it's fucking miserable. Those 81* days felt like a cool fall day in the middle of all this.
I know 100 is a 100, but I think I'd rather deal with that than this humidity. I've tried to work in my garage in the evenings but end up quitting after a half hour
some nights because it's just so goddam miserable and you look like you just jumped into a pool. :icon_crazy:

Humidity sucks so bad. The desert will be a relief actually. I hope to run try and run fins and things and hells revenge on the same day. Its just really logistically easy to do. You pass the entrance to Hells on the way out from Fins. But again depends on how well the day goes. Fins and things has destroyed my WJ the last two times its been out there

These have been out highs for the past couple weeks over here in the Western Pa area: 91°, 92°, 94°, 90°, 94°, 93°, 82°, 81°, 82°, 91°, 90°, 94°, 92°, 90°, 85°
Doesn't seem too bad but throw in 50-70% humidity on top of that and it's fucking miserable. Those 81* days felt like a cool fall day in the middle of all this.
I know 100 is a 100, but I think I'd rather deal with that than this humidity. I've tried to work in my garage in the evenings but end up quitting after a half hour
some nights because it's just so goddam miserable and you look like you just jumped into a pool. :icon_crazy:

I used to live on the east coast so I know the humidity. No thanks. Moab will be hot but you guys will be fine. Wish I could have made the trip.

I used to live on the east coast so I know the humidity. No thanks. Moab will be hot but you guys will be fine. Wish I could have made the trip.

Ya, I was there a few years back over the 4th of July weekend and it was over 100 a couple days. It's damn hot for sure but at least we'll be doing fun shit in it.
For sure would have been great if you could have made it. Maybe next trip out there when we do the Rubicon :brows:

Ya, I was there a few years back over the 4th of July weekend and it was over 100 a couple days. It's damn hot for sure but at least we'll be doing fun shit in it.
For sure would have been great if you could have made it. Maybe next trip out there when we do the Rubicon :brows:

I like where this is going. Bill....start planning. 😂

For sure!

I know Lions Back is closed, but even if it were open IDK if I could run this one :shock:

View attachment 350624

Ummm....how do you get up?

You go up, turn around on what you can see at the top, and come back down the same way. It's just a mind fuck, and much easier than a lot of places we will go.

Sometime after the girl in a Blazer came down with allegedly no brakes and careened off the side, on film, it was closed

https://youtu.be/fpbkTncjEOs

You go up, turn around on what you can see at the top, and come back down the same way. It's just a mind fuck, and much easier than a lot of places we will go.

Sometime after the girl in a Blazer came down with allegedly no brakes and careened off the side, on film, it was closed

https://youtu.be/fpbkTncjEOs

Exactly - the mind fuck part is something I don't know if I could get past.

I saw that video - :eek:

No kidding.

I've already got short timers disease, can't seem to get shit done at work, spend all my time thinking about the trip

Lol, that's why I'm looking at pics online!

Exactly - the mind fuck part is something I don't know if I could get past.

I saw that video - :eek:

Lol, that's why I'm looking at pics online!

Cliffhanger is a good mind fuck, but it is one of my favorites, though it's hard to pick, since there are so many good ones

How bout those crazy fuckers on bicycles? NOPE

We had some crazy fuckers on bikes trying to force their way past us on Cliffhanger namesake obstacle. One almost ran me over. I thought for a split second Fiend was going to kick him right off the cliff!!:eek:

Top Bottom