EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I didn't read the entire thread, but if you need someone local to tag along I might be interested - will have to see when we get closer into the summer,but I've done more or less all the trails you're looking at for both CO and UT. I'm thinking of doing a similar trip this year so if it all works out timing-wise I may be interested in joining this group.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I am going but my dates will be the week before everyone, July 23-July30 in Moab and then Aug1-3 in Telluride/CO. Bummed to miss the big gathering but those dates just didn't work for the other parties I am traveling with.

Slacker! Lol. That sucks. Hopefully on the next one.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I didn't read the entire thread, but if you need someone local to tag along I might be interested - will have to see when we get closer into the summer,but I've done more or less all the trails you're looking at for both CO and UT. I'm thinking of doing a similar trip this year so if it all works out timing-wise I may be interested in joining this group.

Sounds good, I’ll keep you on as a TBD.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
I was already looking at planning a trip to Colorado either end of July or early August with a buddy here in the Austin area. Don't think I could swing the entire trip to Moab and Colorado though. If I go it would hopefully be me and my daughter in my Jeep and a buddy in his Jeep.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I was already looking at planning a trip to Colorado either end of July or early August with a buddy here in the Austin area. Don't think I could swing the entire trip to Moab and Colorado though. If I go it would hopefully be me and my daughter in my Jeep and a buddy in his Jeep.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds good. I’ll put you down as confirmed for now until you get it dialed in. Do you think will make the front half or second?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Sounds good. I’ll put you down as confirmed for now until you get it dialed in. Do you think will make the front half or second?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
If I make it, would be second half. Wife might not be happy if I'm gone the first weekend in August, our anniversary is the 2nd.

Logistically for me I'd have to leave Austin August 5th, it's 18ish hours from here to Telluride. Would want to make that 2 days for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
If I make it, would be second half. Wife might not be happy if I'm gone the first weekend in August, our anniversary is the 2nd.

Logistically for me I'd have to leave Austin August 5th, it's 18ish hours from here to Telluride. Would want to make that 2 days for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I think having an anniversary trip to Moab is a great idea [emoji106]

Sounds good, hope it all works out!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jeffj

Caught the Bug
After rechecking my dates, I’m going to be in Colorado a week earlier than I thought. I’m really bummed to miss this trip, but I really hope I can get in on a couple shake down runs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
After rechecking my dates, I’m going to be in Colorado a week earlier than I thought. I’m really bummed to miss this trip, but I really hope I can get in on a couple shake down runs.

Sucks Jeff, I’m sure there will be other opportunities in the future! And of course there will be shake down runs!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

There is not much that I would love than to go on this trip with all you guys but I’m realistic enough to know there is no way in hell its going to work out for me to go. Maybe in 8 years when I hopefully retire

wjtstudios

Hooked
There is not much that I would love than to go on this trip with all you guys but I’m realistic enough to know there is no way in hell its going to work out for me to go. Maybe in 8 years when I hopefully retire

You never know, there could be a new JLR in your driveway a week from now. But for now I’ll put you down as a TBD and have my fingers crossed!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug

I will agree with others. You get put down as a maybe. Only reason it won’t happen is if you let it not happen. Brick will get better by then. You can control your time. Make it happen.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Bill, take me off the list. I’m not gonna be make it this year. I will be up for a Windrock trip somewhere spring

No worries Steve, I’m sure you and I will end up out there in the years to come.

Definitely a April/May trip to Windrock is in order. Got to break in these new axles!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom