DYNATRAC SAFETY RECALL on 1550 Steering Knuckles

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Thank you for spreading the word!

Purchase Date: Feb 2018
Going to need to dig through the Jeep's paperwork box to get the Axle Serial number off the warranty cards. The Truss covers that area up.

Email sent today. I'll post up what I hear back.

Thanks again!

IMG_9298 2.JPG IMG_3222 2.JPG

kevman65

Hooked
I think it's great they are voluntarily doing the recall and getting the word out BEFORE they've had any reported accidents.

Most wait until there's a few deaths and the NTSB up their ass before they act.

jesse3638

Hooked
I think it's great they are voluntarily doing the recall and getting the word out BEFORE they've had any reported accidents.

Most wait until there's a few deaths and the NTSB up their ass before they act.
Yeah they did the same with the pro-grip BBK. I had a second hand set and they took care of me quickly. They just didn't cover labor because I was not the original purchaser which was OK because I was selling them anyway. Didn't want to pass along something that could potentially fail and injure or kill someone.

Ddays

Hooked
Thank you for spreading the word!

Purchase Date: Feb 2018
Going to need to dig through the Jeep's paperwork box to get the Axle Serial number off the warranty cards. The Truss covers that area up.

Email sent today. I'll post up what I hear back.

Thanks again!

View attachment 363492 View attachment 363493
Pretty sure that's the first time I've seen a Dynatrac D60 trussed. Curious why you felt the need to? Was it for your CA setup?

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Pretty sure that's the first time I've seen a Dynatrac D60 trussed. Curious why you felt the need to? Was it for your CA setup?
I've been going to the same shop for 10 years now. They always take care of me even though I'm not a big-build or buying one of their Red Dot buggies. The JK they did before mine was a much nicer big-horsepower build. I asked them to just do what they did to it. Probably faster for them anyway already having the files to cut out.

IMG_4988.JPG IMG_1961.JPG IMG_4989.JPG

bhaner

No reply from Dynatrac yet. Email was sent Friday. Called yesterday and was told "Corey at 204" was out. Called again today and left a message.

Hopefully they have replacement parts ready to ship. I am going to be really bummed out if this takes months to fix...

MericaMade

No reply from Dynatrac yet. Email was sent Friday. Called yesterday and was told "Corey at 204" was out. Called again today and left a message.

Hopefully they have replacement parts ready to ship. I am going to be really bummed out if this takes months to fix...
With Cory it will. He doesn't know what email or voicemails are. I dont understand why DT makes you talk with the original rep. I had this issue when trying to spend 16k and dont see it being any better trying to acquire expensive free replacement parts. I hope I am proven wrong so you get the parts asap. If DT knows of the issue then every sales rep should be able to help you. Good luck Byron and I hope you get this resolved asap.

bhaner

I finally got an email. It included all the info at the start of this post.
It also said that they were shipping knuckles to me. No tracking info or timeframe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I finally got an email. It included all the info at the start of this post.
It also said that they were shipping knuckles to me. No tracking info or timeframe.
Good to hear. Just out of curiosity, did you ever get a letter, email or some kind of notice from Dynatrac regarding this recall or was the first time you heard about it here?

bhaner

Good to hear. Just out of curiosity, did you ever get a letter, email or some kind of notice from Dynatrac regarding this recall or was the first time you heard about it here?
I got nothing from Dynatrac. I also didn't see anything on Facebook or Instagram where I follow Dynatrac.

I found it here. :)

Top Bottom