Dynatrac Equipped Community

jorgelrod

Hooked
I probably should have been more clear. The $15-20k range I proffered included new drive shafts, wheels (8 lug), and tires (40s), all of which (and probably more) would be required to move from 44s/37s to 60s/40s. They’d be required no matter which axle set you went with. There could also be sales tax, shipping, and labor costs on top of all that. Not to mention custom PSC mounts/skids, high steer, etc. So yeah, you maybe could get a crate axle set for $13k, but the $ bleeding won’t stop there. Which is why I was incredulous that someone would make the purchase choosing axles seemingly driven by instant gratification. But Bubba says it’s true, and I believe him since he’s in the business and I’m not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The way I see it and Bubba might be able to confirm. When it comes to jumping a Jeep from stock axles to tons there's two basic camps, some will always fall out of these, but for the most part you will see those two camps. The first one is like most of the guys on here, they do their research, they see the videos out there, they have an idea of 99% of what they want which is usually end up with a solid rig like Moby or Bubba's or Mel's. These people have 80-90% researched and stores like Exodus fill in the blanks. Then there's the other camp which is where the instant gratification hits the most. These are the ones who bought a jeep and went to a show or see the clubs and go straight to Exodus Jeeps pull up a picture of Moby or Evo 1 or some bad ass rig and says I want that. They have now idea of all the work involved, the custom stuff that needs to go into a rig like that and when you tell them it takes a month they throw shit fit and leave for the next store thinking they are walmart and they can just pick all the parts of the aisle.

A.J.

The way I see it and Bubba might be able to confirm. When it comes to jumping a Jeep from stock axles to tons there's two basic camps, some will always fall out of these, but for the most part you will see those two camps. The first one is like most of the guys on here, they do their research, they see the videos out there, they have an idea of 99% of what they want which is usually end up with a solid rig like Moby or Bubba's or Mel's. These people have 80-90% researched and stores like Exodus fill in the blanks. Then there's the other camp which is where the instant gratification hits the most. These are the ones who bought a jeep and went to a show or see the clubs and go straight to Exodus Jeeps pull up a picture of Moby or Evo 1 or some bad ass rig and says I want that. They have now idea of all the work involved, the custom stuff that needs to go into a rig like that and when you tell them it takes a month they throw shit fit and leave for the next store thinking they are walmart and they can just pick all the parts of the aisle.

Those instant gratification guys better have one hell of a budget....or look good in yoga pants.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, full disclosure, Dynatrac was all set to hook us up with an XD60 and a PR80 for our Gladiator but we have since decided to declined their generous offer. In the hope of gaining real world experience, we will now be installing a set of UD60's and will be sure to put them to the test. I spoke to Jim directly about this and he has wished Cindy and I only the best. For better or for worse, I will be sure to share what we find.

Dale72

Hooked
So, full disclosure, Dynatrac was all set to hook us up with an XD60 and a PR80 for our Gladiator but we have since decided to declined their generous offer. In the hope of gaining real world experience, we will now be installing a set of UD60's and will be sure to put them to the test. I spoke to Jim directly about this and he has wished Cindy and I only the best. For better or for worse, I will be sure to share what we find.
I will be waiting for the review

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug

I'm looking forward to hearing the results of this Pepsi challenge. Dynatrac is definitely still on my shortlist for my axle upgrades. But I am very curious how the competition stacks up. I don't think there is anyone I'd rather have objectively test them than Eddie and Cindy. Thanks and keep us updated!

benatc1

Hooked
Looking fwd to following this over time and seeing how they do. 60s/40s are still a few years away for me so take all the time you need lol!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I will be waiting for the review

Cool. I'll try to share what I learn as we go along. If I can, I may start as soon as today with an overview of what I can see.

I'm looking forward to hearing the results of this Pepsi challenge. Dynatrac is definitely still on my shortlist for my axle upgrades. But I am very curious how the competition stacks up. I don't think there is anyone I'd rather have objectively test them than Eddie and Cindy. Thanks and keep us updated!

Thank you. I appreciate you trusting that we'd be objective in sharing what we learn.

Looking fwd to following this over time and seeing how they do. 60s/40s are still a few years away for me so take all the time you need lol!

LOL - I hope to share and keep sharing what we learn as we go along :)

Spazbyt

Hooked

Eddie don't let a hook up go to waist. I have room in my garage for some XD60/PR80's:thumb:
Seriously tho I'm curios to see your thoughts on them and your JT should make a great test bed.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Cool. I'll try to share what I learn as we go along. If I can, I may start as soon as today with an overview of what I can see.:)

It’s always great to see your experiences with different products. We all know the Dynatrac 60/80 will hold up to what ever you throw at it. The real question is will the Dana 60s hood up as well. Can’t wait to see!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

I am really curious about the UD 60s as well. I’ll be the first to admit I’m about the last guy on here that would ever NEED them but dammit I WANT 8 lug axles so someday I will probably purchase them. Yes it will be overkill but at that point it will be my choice to waste/spend my money.

Exodus 4x4

I am really curious about the UD 60s as well. I’ll be the first to admit I’m about the last guy on here that would ever NEED them but dammit I WANT 8 lug axles so someday I will probably purchase them. Yes it will be overkill but at that point it will be my choice to waste/spend my money.

I can tell you that so far on mine, I’m pretty impressed and feel like they’ll be great axles. The brackets we cut off were very well built and in fact, thicker than the EVO brackets we welded on. The RAM 3500 brakes are insanely big and should offer us great stopping power. The fact that we will be using a stock JK tie rod is awesome because that means we’ll be using OUR tie rod! We will be using a Synergy JK drag link as well. It’s nice to be able to use the JK parts on the steering since there are so many options for people and they have been well vetted.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I can tell you that so far on mine, I’m pretty impressed and feel like they’ll be great axles. The brackets we cut off were very well built and in fact, thicker than the EVO brackets we welded on. The RAM 3500 brakes are insanely big and should offer us great stopping power. The fact that we will be using a stock JK tie rod is awesome because that means we’ll be using OUR tie rod! We will be using a Synergy JK drag link as well. It’s nice to be able to use the JK parts on the steering since there are so many options for people and they have been well vetted.

Do you run UD60s on the jeep you tried to put in orbit? :D

jesse3638

Hooked

This is what makes this forum and it's members so great. Sure you could have gone with the axle combo you know will be damn near bullet proof, but decide to spend the time trying out the competition to see what it's all about is about as real as it gets. I'm sure you're feedback will be honest with us here and with Jim as well. As you say "It's more than a Jeep, it's a Wayalife"

Were these for the JL/JT or JK? If they were for the JL/JT are they similar to what they offer for the JK?

Exodus 4x4

Do you run UD60s on the jeep you tried to put in orbit? :D

Lol no, and to be honest I don’t think even UD60’s or XD60’s would’ve survived that as well as my axles did. I built the axles in my JK using mostly Trail Gear Rock Assault 9 parts, then modified them where need be to work effectively on the JK. Similar to a Spidertrax setup.

Exodus 4x4

This is what makes this forum and it's members so great. Sure you could have gone with the axle combo you know will be damn near bullet proof, but decide to spend the time trying out the competition to see what it's all about is about as real as it gets. I'm sure you're feedback will be honest with us here and with Jim as well. As you say "It's more than a Jeep, it's a Wayalife"

Were these for the JL/JT or JK? If they were for the JL/JT are they similar to what they offer for the JK?

Right now we are all using UD60’s built for the JL, then modifying the rear axle with a bracket kit from EVO so the rear will bolt up. Well, MOST of us are. I have a feeling the Wayalife JT might be getting a little different setup. I’ve been doing some measuring and laying out on my JT and I think I know the direction the Wayalife build is going. If not I know the direction mine will be going and most of the brackets I just welded on, will be coming off sooner rather than later.[emoji41]

desertrunner

Right now we are all using UD60’s built for the JL, then modifying the rear axle with a bracket kit from EVO so the rear will bolt up. Well, MOST of us are. I have a feeling the Wayalife JT might be getting a little different setup. I’ve been doing some measuring and laying out on my JT and I think I know the direction the Wayalife build is going. If not I know the direction mine will be going and most of the brackets I just welded on, will be coming off sooner rather than later.[emoji41]

Trailing arm set up?
Coilovers attached to the control arm rather than axle (I think that's a trailing arm???)

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Why are you putting leaf springs under your truck? At least do spring under to control your axle wrap

Top Bottom