Dubaibentzen's build of Polar Bear

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446359008.748608.jpg
Front wheels done. All 4 aired up. Torqued the ATX bolts to 22ft/lbs and the lugnuts to 100ft/lbs. Checked & doublechecked. Time for a test drive...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446359665.695782.jpg
Test drive cancelled! Wheels are rubbing against the stock bumper. Well at least I already have the new EVO aluminum bumper. Off with the stock bumper then...

Back from test drive. A bit noisier with these tires, but I have had Coopers before and that was as expected. Only went to 80km/h, but no vibration. So far so good.

Last edited:
Good looking build! I travel through Dubai every 3 months for work. I love that city. So much to do.

Thanks.
Yes, Dubai is an amazing place. A bit hot in the summer, but it still beats the rain and snow from Denmark. Here there's offroading, surfing, scuba divining, sky diving, etc almost all year round.

You guys must be rich if you're living in dubai[emoji23] id love to visit there haha even if all I did was look at all the sweet cars

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446633798.818981.jpg
Front bumper and rear fascia sent for black powder coating. Hopefully no bending due to the heat... I'll pick them up tomorrow

Went to the tire shop yesterday and had them have a look at my cheap tires. Don't drive them he said. They are not safe. Two of them had some thread left and could work as a spare tire but the two other were useless.

Hmmm. Decision time. Wait a few more months until I have the remaining parts (shocks and driveshaft) for my enforcer lift kit and then get the 37s that I really want OR buy 4 new 33s now and use one of the old as a spare tire and then once everything is all set up for 37s, sell the 33s and get 37s....

Ok. Went for the new 33s for now so I can go offroading in a few days in stead of months. Lesson learned. If you pay around 100$ for some used tires they are not going to be very useful. (Sigh)

At least the Front Bumper and rear fascia is back from powder coating, so I can get started mounting them. But the thought of all the bolts I now have to go through with these new tires and my ATX slabs is making me tired already. Well I guess it's good practice.

Top Bottom