Doorless mirror solutions JL

Trail Bud

Hooked
I've always made my own mirror using a blind spot trailer mirror that you can find at most autoparts stores. I've never cared about the passenger side. You may be too young to remember but there used to be a time when passenger side mirrors were optional on some vehicles. Back then, people were just expected to look over their shoulders :)
You’re dating yourself. No mirror needed. :)

Jackboeker83

What doorless mirrors is everyone using for their JL? Searching the internet there are a ton of options. Just seeing if anyone has good or bad experiences with any particular brand before I take the dive and start down that rabbit hole.

WJCO

Meme King
What doorless mirrors is everyone using for their JL? Searching the internet there are a ton of options. Just seeing if anyone has good or bad experiences with any particular brand before I take the dive and start down that rabbit hole.
Moved here. Currently running tube doors with mirrors.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Running the quadratec round mirrors for the past few weeks now. Pro is that they are super cheap (got them for $25) and they are easy to install. Con is that I have found, no matter how much I tighten them, they fold in when I hit speeds of 70ish+ mph. Most of this is prob my fault cause I fold them in so I can install my rain cab cover at night.

these work fine for me. fit in the door hinge hole.

My story: new jeep owner, let's take the doors off. COOL dude. Drive around - immediately realize that I don't have any mirrors. OK, no worries, I grew up driving old cars, cycles, etc. I don't need mirrors. Then after driving around town all weekend I decided, ya. I really use my mirrors a lot.

Suns out - Doors out. Cheers.

Attachments

• jeep doors off mirror.jpg
    jeep doors off mirror.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 11

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Found these on Amazon the other day. Similar style to the CMM ones but for only 45$ compared to $300ish. My order should be here today but not going to use them anytime soon. Supposed to rain for a few weeks here.
View attachment 391316
Ok so been running these now for a few days finally. I will say they work pretty well especially for the cost. They don’t rattle or move around in the wind when you are driving. The one thing I don’t like is that I can’t see my rear fender or directly behind me with them like I can with stock or the other quadratec ones I have. I think the main reason is just because they don’t sit out far enough. If these had a longer bar that pushed them out farther then they would be great. In the meantime I put the rear headrests down to help see out past the spare tire
IMG_2985.jpeg

CalSgt

Hooked
Ok so been running these now for a few days finally. I will say they work pretty well especially for the cost. They don’t rattle or move around in the wind when you are driving. The one thing I don’t like is that I can’t see my rear fender or directly behind me with them like I can with stock or the other quadratec ones I have. I think the main reason is just because they don’t sit out far enough. If these had a longer bar that pushed them out farther then they would be great. In the meantime I put the rear headrests down to help see out past the spare tire
View attachment 395423
I noticed the CMM ones I bought now have an optional 9" station upgrade instead of the 6" one they normally come with... LOL, its only a $100 extra for the mirrors that are ridiculously expensive.

Lord60

I dunno… I use that handle all the time. It seems that mirror is going to be in the way of me getting my fat ass in.
Looks like you can mount the mirror to the top or bottom of the handle. If it's at the top, it shouldn't be in the way at all.

TheGrendel

I noticed the CMM ones I bought now have an optional 9" station upgrade instead of the 6" one they normally come with... LOL, its only a $100 extra for the mirrors that are ridiculously expensive.
CMM has always been ridiculous with their pricing.

jking23

What are you guys running for mirrors when doors are off? Pros, cons? What would you stay away from?

We had the quadratec ones on our JK and the passenger side one was basically useless because of how the dash stuck out blocking it. Not sure if the same occurs on the JL models though.
I actually just picked these up. Installed them yesterday.

For the money, they are damn good.

Top Bottom