Doorless mirror solutions JL

WJCO

Meme King
What are you guys running for mirrors when doors are off? Pros, cons? What would you stay away from?

We had the quadratec ones on our JK and the passenger side one was basically useless because of how the dash stuck out blocking it. Not sure if the same occurs on the JL models though.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What are you guys running for mirrors when doors are off? Pros, cons? What would you stay away from?

We had the quadratec ones on our JK and the passenger side one was basically useless because of how the dash stuck out blocking it. Not sure if the same occurs on the JL models though.
You mean like my rugged ridge brackets? Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 74

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've always made my own mirror using a blind spot trailer mirror that you can find at most autoparts stores. I've never cared about the passenger side. You may be too young to remember but there used to be a time when passenger side mirrors were optional on some vehicles. Back then, people were just expected to look over their shoulders :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You mean like my rugged ridge brackets? Lol
Exactly. Ridiculous..
This is the exact reason why CJ's used to have the passenger mirrors that didn't match the driver side. It was so that you could see them through the windshield :)

20170806170753-52ba3b6d-me.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've always made my own mirror using a blind spot trailer mirror that you can find at most autoparts stores. I've never cared about the passenger side. You may be too young to remember but there used to be a time when passenger side mirrors were optional on some vehicles. Back then, people were just expected to look over their shoulders :)
This is what I did. Never used it just had it to be legal.

WJCO

Meme King
I use the die-tech brackets for mine but idk if they make anything for the JL.
Those are nice but damn expensive. They do make some for the JL.

Might just get another set of tube doors with mirrors included for that price.

jdofmemi

How about the ones that fit in the door hinge hole? They are cheap, easy, and let you see just enough to navigate traffic.

bmkrinne

How about the ones that fit in the door hinge hole? They are cheap, easy, and let you see just enough to navigate traffic.
I've got these mirrors for my JK, but would also work for the JL and JT. They are a great cheap solution but kind of a pain to install due to all the washers, nuts and multiple pieces you have to assemble on the hinge.

Bierpower

Hooked
Those are nice but damn expensive. They do make some for the JL.

Might just get another set of tube doors with mirrors included for that price.
The full kits with mirrors are pretty crazy but I got just the brackets and would swap the mirrors from the doors to the brackets. $80 was a lot easier to justify than $250.

BaddestCross

I just stuck blind spot mirrors on my AC vents for doorless days. If I run my tube doors for any length of time, I'll swap my mirrors from my full doors over to them.

jdofmemi

I just stuck blind spot mirrors on my AC vents for doorless days. If I run my tube doors for any length of time, I'll swap my mirrors from my full doors over to them.
I did that, but found it worse than no mirror at all, so I took them off.

Turning and looking is fine, in something small, with top off, but with a good sized four door, a whole car can hide in the blind spot.

CalSgt

Hooked
Price tag on these is a bit high indeed but how do you like them?
Fit, finish, and function is great... Only complaint would be climbing into the jeep from odd angles with no doors on occasionally I hit my head on them, but to be fair I'm a big clumsy bastard.

ETA: I used some RAM mounts to mount my hand held race radio to the ball on the drivers side which works great.

Top Bottom