Doorless mirror solutions JL

Andy5160

Hooked
Fit, finish, and function is great... Only complaint would be climbing into the jeep from odd angles with no doors on occasionally I hit my head on them, but to be fair I'm a big clumsy bastard.

ETA: I used some RAM mounts to mount my hand held race radio to the ball on the drivers side which works great.
Thanks. These were my first choice when i started the search

cinnur

Price tag on these is a bit high indeed but how do you like them?
I also have these mirrors, they are way overpriced, but they are excellent. It just takes a long time to get over how much you paid for them!
I reversed what this mount shows and installed them at the bottom of the handheld pillar mount. This puts them at about the same height as the door mirrors. The only thing are the mirrors are concave so it can throw you off a bit when backing up, if you use your mirrors for this task.
I would buy them again.

trailraider

What are you guys running for mirrors when doors are off? Pros, cons? What would you stay away from?

We had the quadratec ones on our JK and the passenger side one was basically useless because of how the dash stuck out blocking it. Not sure if the same occurs on the JL models though.
um , helloooo . obstacle detection sensors. No one needs to shoulder check anymore. use technology to its advantage. lol

WJCO

Meme King
If Mopar gets their shit together and allows half doors to be ordered separately from full doors, we'll likely go that route. But at this point, Mopar is owned by France, Germany, Mexico, China, or some shit so I'm not holding my breath.

CalSgt

Hooked
If Mopar gets their shit together and allows half doors to be ordered separately from full doors, we'll likely go that route. But at this point, Mopar is owned by France, Germany, Mexico, China, or some shit so I'm not holding my breath.
This may work out to our advantage... Maybe there will be a bunch of people that spring for the half doors with their new jeep & decide they prefer full doors and hard top, also possible people will get their jeep totaled or stolen with the full doors on & we can buy the half doors left in their garage.

cinnur

For those that have the CMM mirrors, and maybe those that don't, would anyone have a suggestion as to where I can look to replace the mirror portion of this item?
These, as I wrote, are excellent mirrors, but I am am thinking I would prefer a non convex, or non concave mirror.

CalSgt

Hooked
For those that have the CMM mirrors, and maybe those that don't, would anyone have a suggestion as to where I can look to replace the mirror portion of this item?
These, as I wrote, are excellent mirrors, but I am am thinking I would prefer a non convex, or non concave mirror.
I would say a glass shop could cut you some round mirrors to glue in the housing, or maybe see if CMM will do something

rlphay

I ended up picking up a set of these: Doors Off Mirrors
I figure that this will get me by for a couple of weeks while I decide the solution that I want to go down for the future.
I really missed my side mirrors and really needed something fast and cheap for the short term.

Long term I am looking at some tube doors that have built in mirrors with more of the factory look.
Ray

BlackRockRubicon

What are you guys running for mirrors when doors are off? Pros, cons? What would you stay away from?

We had the quadratec ones on our JK and the passenger side one was basically useless because of how the dash stuck out blocking it. Not sure if the same occurs on the JL models though.
I got mine from CMM would definitely recommend. Love the addition of the ball mounts for the top and bottom of the grab handle. Only downside is that they’re pricey but worth every penny. I shipped mine to the U.K. after researching different ones. These were the best by far.

Attachments

• A76B4DCF-6A46-4DC2-BF1A-66A39815223B.jpeg
    A76B4DCF-6A46-4DC2-BF1A-66A39815223B.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 16

cinnur

So I bought my first set of the CMM mirrors a couple of years ago. As I mentioned previously in this thread they are convex and can throw off your perspective when needing them for something like backing up, so I had the original set reflector replaced with a flat reflector.
The catch with that is that the mirrors then have a severely restricted field of view, but worked great for something like backing up. So in thinking how to improve this, I finally just thought I would by a second set and here is the result. The bottom mirror is the flat reflector, that would of course then make the top the convex mirror.
I only did a brief test with this setup today, but my first impression is that it should work.

Attachments

• leftMirrors.jpg
    leftMirrors.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 19
  • rightMirrors.jpg
    rightMirrors.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 19

CalSgt

Hooked
So I bought my first set of the CMM mirrors a couple of years ago. As I mentioned previously in this thread they are convex and can throw off your perspective when needing them for something like backing up, so I had the original set reflector replaced with a flat reflector.
The catch with that is that the mirrors then have a severely restricted field of view, but worked great for something like backing up. So in thinking how to improve this, I finally just thought I would by a second set and here is the result. The bottom mirror is the flat reflector, that would of course then make the top the convex mirror.
I only did a brief test with this setup today, but my first impression is that it should work.
Damn dog... You must be in your own tax bracket to be able to afford two sets of them.

Top Bottom