Detailing your jeep

JKbrick

Spent a few hours tonight washing and claying the steed.

I only made it half way though the clay process. The zip-loc baggie test was pretty cool. I think I’ll need to go back over it in a few months before it turns to glass.

I used Adams Polishes soap and CG Synthetic Clay bar with their Clay Luber.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What is the zip loc baggie test?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
I finally gave up guys. While the amount of dog hair in my interior carpet was impressive, it was the sand that finally got me to throw in the towel.
While on a recent trip, my wife had to ride in the back seat with the kids for a while. Neither one of us ever sat back there before. She said she couldn’t believe how uncomfortable she was. That led me to pull the rear seats to do the recline. While the seats were out, I went for a good deep cleaning. The sand was just over the top. Everywhere. So I pulled the carpet completely. I’m going to clean it up as much as I possibly can and put it aside. I ordered a new replacement floor that is more rubber like than carpet style. If it works it stays, if not, I’ll be biting my lip putting the carpet back in. I’ll report back.
Side note, big complaint I’ve seen on the JKU is only 1 drain hole on the drivers side. As you see with the carpet out, there’s 4 in the rear passenger area and another under the front passenger seat. You have to pull some carpet to get to them tho. I don’t know if that helps anyone out or if anyone didn’t know this. IMG_2214.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
I finally gave up guys. While the amount of dog hair in my interior carpet was impressive, it was the sand that finally got me to throw in the towel.
While on a recent trip, my wife had to ride in the back seat with the kids for a while. Neither one of us ever sat back there before. She said she couldn’t believe how uncomfortable she was. That led me to pull the rear seats to do the recline. While the seats were out, I went for a good deep cleaning. The sand was just over the top. Everywhere. So I pulled the carpet completely. I’m going to clean it up as much as I possibly can and put it aside. I ordered a new replacement floor that is more rubber like than carpet style. If it works it stays, if not, I’ll be biting my lip putting the carpet back in. I’ll report back.
Side note, big complaint I’ve seen on the JKU is only 1 drain hole on the drivers side. As you see with the carpet out, there’s 4 in the rear passenger area and another under the front passenger seat. You have to pull some carpet to get to them tho. I don’t know if that helps anyone out or if anyone didn’t know this.

This thread might give you some ideas too: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/18549-Running-Carpetless-in-a-JKU

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Thank you WJCO, I read that thread a while back. I’m sure there are plenty of new posts and I could have gotten more info before making my decision. I should have revisited that thread before I made my purchase. Either way, my order is already on the road, so I’m not going to say anything positive or negative until it gets some mileage.

WJCO

Meme King
I had the top off and noticed there was a ton of dust sitting up on top of the sound bar, roll bar, etc. So I cleaned all of that up today.

j (2).jpg

j (1).jpg

Recently started doing this little trick I picked up and super happy with it. Anyway. After washing is done, while the vehicle is still soaking wet. Spritz a quick detailer all over. Dries much easier and I think it has helped with the water spots I’m constantly battling with the hard water I have. Plus the added shine when done is a nice bonus.
A6D8788B-8126-479D-87F1-50B2928DA568.jpeg D061D196-58F7-454A-868D-B1BECB267EDD.jpeg

I just so happened to have this Meguires product on hand. But I’ve used a few different brands and different types of quick detailers with similar results.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Recently started doing this little trick I picked up and super happy with it. Anyway. After washing is done, while the vehicle is still soaking wet. Spritz a quick detailer all over. Dries much easier and I think it has helped with the water spots I’m constantly battling with the hard water I have. Plus the added shine when done is a nice bonus.

I just so happened to have this Meguires product on hand. But I’ve used a few different brands and different types of quick detailers with similar results.

I've been doing the same thing but with Rain-X waterless wash.... If the Jeep is real Dirty I hose it down first, then spray, wash and dry a section at a time.... but weekly I just wet the rag, spray and dry.... If I don't use water at all, it's kind of a bitch to buff out (especially on black)... but a little water makes it quick & easy.... and feels waxed when I'm done.

BlackKnight

People Wash their Jeeps? I thought that was just a Rumor...

LOL Just Kidding... Considering the investment I probably don't wash it often enough. though I did hear recently that Armorall Wash with Ceramic does a fantastic job...

Top Bottom