Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

Bierpower

Hooked
When I ran Twin Cone last year, there was a section tunneling through some aspens that I imagined would be pretty fantastic when the fall colors changed. I believe that trail is partially closed now though and don't know about that particular section. Another trail down that way is China Wall, but don't know if trees are aspen or pine, so don't know about colors. With rain or snow, the colors will not be very bright anyway.
I took a ride up to China wall last weekend. The shrubs up high were starting to turn. DSC_0745.JPG DSC_0750.JPG

Sent from my SM-P550 using WAYALIFE mobile app

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
WJCO and I are still going tomorrow if anyone wants to join. We'll have a plan here shortly. May be rainy, but put your panties on - it'll still be fun

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sodfather

Current Nederland weather

Hi all, first post in a very long time however currently at the inlaws house in Nederland. No snow yet but it started raining at about 330 and is still lightly coming down. About 35 degrees out so snow overnight is possible. Sorry I didn't see any of this earlier would have updated everyone. We will have a jku and a TJ on Switzerland trail tomorrow. Probably start the trail around 10 by the time we get everything going. I can update weather first thing in the morning if people would like

WJCO

Meme King
Hi all, first post in a very long time however currently at the inlaws house in Nederland. No snow yet but it started raining at about 330 and is still lightly coming down. About 35 degrees out so snow overnight is possible. Sorry I didn't see any of this earlier would have updated everyone. We will have a jku and a TJ on Switzerland trail tomorrow. Probably start the trail around 10 by the time we get everything going. I can update weather first thing in the morning if people would like

Thanks for the update. Do let us know if it snows, but I think we're going to run Kingston tomorrow regardless. I was up your way earlier today. Rain was turning to sleet, so I expect some snow overnight. Weather is also predicting snow overnight above 8k. Switzerland should be gorgeous. All the trees around Nederland are really turning.

boardsurfer

Yeah we're going to run kingston and it definitely is snowing. Meet us at 9 at the downieville starbucks if you dare join, or look for us on ch 16

Umm Downieville Starbucks is the wrong way for Kingston Peak? Even if you're running it backwards you still have to come back down the mountain to Fall River Road.

Do I need to come up there and smack you guys around? :D

WJCO

Meme King
Fun run today. Some of these pics were posted in other threads but here's what I got today. We made it up to the top of Kingston and turned around because of white-out conditions and we lost track of the visual trail. We had GPSs but decided to play it safe. Jack led us on Yankee Hill, and that was a fun trail.

DSC07007.jpg

DSC07063.jpg

DSC07061.jpg

DSC07058.jpg

DSC07050.jpg

DSC07039.jpg

DSC07038.jpg

DSC07035.jpg

DSC07031.jpg

DSC07029.jpg

DSC07021.jpg

DSC07017.jpg

DSC07015.jpg

DSC07013.jpg

DSC07070.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
Fun run today. Some of these pics were posted in other threads but here's what I got today. We made it up to the top of Kingston and turned around because of white-out conditions and we lost track of the visual trail. We had GPSs but decided to play it safe. Jack led us on Yankee Hill, and that was a fun trail.

View attachment 277330

View attachment 277343

View attachment 277342

View attachment 277341

View attachment 277340

View attachment 277339

View attachment 277338

View attachment 277337

View attachment 277336

View attachment 277335

View attachment 277334

View attachment 277333

View attachment 277332

View attachment 277331

View attachment 277344

Beautiful pictures. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Always a memorable experience in the mountains. Mostly all good. thanks for sharing. Did you go off onto any of those spurs up over the top of Yankee Hill? Pretty tight back in there.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Always a memorable experience in the mountains. Mostly all good. thanks for sharing. Did you go off onto any of those spurs up over the top of Yankee Hill? Pretty tight back in there.

Been before, never again. I like my paint more than the trail. Almost every scratch on my JK is from those spurs.

Ddays

Hooked
Looks like fun, although I am not ready for that white shit yet! Hell, its been 86-90* here for the past couple weeks and not cooling down until the weekend

Top Bottom