De mounting tires

JeepFan

Hooked
I've been thinking about getting one of these: There are some videos on youtube you can check out...[h=1]BeadBuster XB-550 HD Tractor Tire, OTR, Heavy Duty Bead Breaker Tool[/h]

Upvote 0

desertrunner

Here's how I typically do it. Well, the de-mounting part of it anyway.

Ok cool that's the vid I was thinking of using the hi lift. Is there a reason to do it right by the valve stem?
I think breaking the bead shouldn't be too bad with the block or the hi lift but how the hell do you get the wheel out? I'm assuming a crow bar or 2 and lots of pulling? Haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok cool that's the vid I was thinking of using the hi lift. Is there a reason to do it right by the valve stem?
I think breaking the bead shouldn't be too bad with the block or the hi lift but how the hell do you get the wheel out? I'm assuming a crow bar or 2 and lots of pulling? Haha

It's just a starting point. And yes, you can use a couple of pry bars or big ass screwdrivers (sometimes 3) to remove the tire from the wheel. It takes work but I do it all the time.

Upvote 0

CalSgt

Hooked
On the opposite side you start your pry bars or tire spoons the bead of the tire needs to be squished down into the drop center of the wheel. That’s the part where the wheel steps down in size. Easiest way is to stand or kneel on the sidewall. If the wheels are aluminum and you care what they look like I would recommend having a tire shop remove the tires for you, if they are steel there is a lot less chance of damage.

Oh yeah... lube the crap out of the tire bead and wheel before you start with the pry bars. A big glob of car wash soap in a small amount of warm water works good

Upvote 0
Top Bottom