Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

JKbrick

Good Sunday everybody I have some good news that’s kinda bitter sweet but at least I was able to get this done.

D-day 2.0s factory top has decided to start showing its age I’ve got about 5 leaks that have formed in random spots and the rear panel zipper got damaged last time I took it off soooooooo after some negotiating......

View attachment 351155

What do y’all think D-day2.0 is being fitted with by Friday of this week? anddddddd GO

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

D-day 3.0?

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yep you win to obtain the title of WINNER Haha I’m not entirely sure what it’ll do for ya the inside surround’s are starting to tear don’t ask me how that happened cause I don’t have a answer

Hahaha I can see that it’s pretty beat up [emoji51] you definitely got every bit of use out of it

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Hey everybody been a little while and the only thing I can say is work work and work has been and still is going to be my norm till bout October when things start slowing down.

So D-day2.0 finally got a new soft top and yes it’s a Bestop trektop I got it installed in four hours by myself and I love it absolutely love it.
Everything sorted out and ready to start installation
IMG_0866.jpg
Goodbye old top you were good but time to be retired
IMG_0867.jpg
The beginning
IMG_0868.jpg
Almost there
IMG_0869.jpg
And done
IMG_0871.jpg

I hope y’all enjoyed the pics again I love this top hope it last me a good great while. Time to get some shuteye and have my one normal non working day tomorrow.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Hello all thought I would post alittle update on how my life and D-day have been going
First off D-day has been working hard carrying me back and forth to work and hauling some sand clay for our driveway nothing dramatic just a ton. D-day 2.0 may not be wheeling but I am thoroughly enjoying the Jeep life I’m just thankful to hop in and drive even if it is to work and back.
I had to go to the research station and run irrigation this morning and it was such a beautiful morning I couldn’t help but snap some pics and have fun editing them
Out watering the hemp along with pumpkins and squash trials
Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg
Checking out the pump station making sure everything is up to snuff and admiring the beautiful view of the irrigation pond
Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

So due to me not being able to really do much with D-day my wife asked me what else would I want to do that would be more justifying than driving 2.5 hours one way to go wheeling each weekend and the fact that I have1 day off per week and I said play paintball.
So after playing a few games I’m in and now am an official magfed paintball player so now I get to drive D-day to go play paintball kinda getting the best of both worlds and I love it good stress relief from all my work days.
Here’s my new to me First Strike T15

Adjustments.jpg

Last but not least I finally made progress on my wood shift knobs and applied the epoxy coating on them it will take roughly 3 days to fully cure till then I’ll be picking out some paracord

Adjustments.jpg

I know it’s long but I wanted to make this special post I’m very thankful for all of y’all in this community just like my other family no matter what and I currently have a lot going on in my life due to my mom and dad(stepdad) both being diagnosed with Covid and me having to work farm little more and my state job so I’m just hanging on for the ride and staying strong for my family.
Cheers

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Your job seams pretty interesting. Sounds like it keeps you busy.
Hope everything works out for the best for your parents. Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s pretty demanding this is the second year for the hemp and it’s bigger from last year and the pumpkins and squash are a disease trial for new fungicides. We also have carrots for a disease trial as well pretty neat stuff I enjoy it.
Also thank you we’re in good spirits.

jdofmemi

Those shift knobs are looking good.

Any day you can drive your jeep is a good day. When you can go wheeling it is great, but when life gets in the way, just take what you can get.

Best wishes for your parents, and good luck with the farming.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Those shift knobs are looking good.

Any day you can drive your jeep is a good day. When you can go wheeling it is great, but when life gets in the way, just take what you can get.

Best wishes for your parents, and good luck with the farming.

Yes indeed it’s always a good day for sure and thank you

Ddays

Hooked
It’s pretty demanding this is the second year for the hemp and it’s bigger from last year and the pumpkins and squash are a disease trial for new fungicides. We also have carrots for a disease trial as well pretty neat stuff I enjoy it.
Also thank you we’re in good spirits.

What's a disease trial?

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
What's a disease trial?

So one of our researchers is a pathologist that studies pathogen born diseases in plants and this squash pumpkin trial is for powdery and downy mildew. I’m not sure what disease they are studying in the carrots but when I find out I’ll let ya know. They also study disease’s in other commodities like melons, lettuce, carrots, etc.

Top Bottom