Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Beautiful pics. Love that color. Take lots of pics of the house install and post them.

Shoot if I’m feeling it I might take some more update pics of the land I’ve been working on since around August or September of last year. After I run that bog disk there’s gonna be lots of roots to pick up
But yes I’ll keep y’all up to date on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
What is a bog disc?

So everybody here’s an update from today I started this morning at 7am disking the land. So a bog disk is used to help clear land by cutting and digging up roots its a very slow job but worth it. The land becomes more manageable each time you do it.
IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg IMG_0246.jpg
I started at 7am and was done by 1pm and that was just 2 acres.

JKbrick

So everybody here’s an update from today I started this morning at 7am disking the land. So a bog disk is used to help clear land by cutting and digging up roots its a very slow job but worth it. The land becomes more manageable each time you do it.
View attachment 345646
View attachment 345645
View attachment 345647
View attachment 345648 View attachment 345649
I started at 7am and was done by 1pm and that was just 2 acres.

That’s a nice tractor, do you go the opposite direction then too?

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
That’s a nice tractor, do you go the opposite direction then too?

Yes so as you can see in the pics the blades go one direction so when you make one pass on the way back you overlap half of your last pass to fill in the furrow and keep the land level it’s pretty cool watching it work. Forestry service still uses them today behind dozers. The one I was using today is pretty rare and hard to find in that size.
Thanks it’s my step dads for the farm I wish I had it but it’s like a 30k tractor can’t afford that haha. I’ll have a smaller utility tractor one day.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Alrighty everybody just got word that our house is scheduled to be put down on our lot possibly next week so crunch time on the land has hit me. I’m hoping to get the second round of disking done tomorrow or Wednesday then gotta pan it and build a part of the lot. Then house will be here aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh overloaded[emoji15][emoji15][emoji95]

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So update on the land I am having to take time from work to finish it up hopefully I’ll pics of it tomorrow I’m exhausted.
Started at 8am picking up more roots finished bout 1030
Then ran the bog disk over one more time finished round 400
Then got the John Deere 2955 and hydraulic pan and panned it this evening til bout 700pm so I’ve been hard at it I may have little more to do tomorrow then marking the house off on the lot then ready for house.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Looks like you've been busy! What will the house sit on for the foundation?

So the house is a double wide but it will be on brick foundation.
I promised to have pics but been busting tail the last few days. I’ve been panning trying to move dirt and get the land level for the house to sit on. Also as of today the house will be delivered onto the lot and the setup process will begin and yes I finally finished leveling the lot by 630 this evening. I had been on tractor since 11am today.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Alrighty everybody it’s been a pretty eventful day today the house got setup today and the process begins.
Putting the back half in place and starting the blocking process

IMG_0282.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg
IMG_0284.jpg
IMG_0288.jpg

Time to prep for the front half

IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg

Setup complete and you know I had to get D-day in at least one of the pics hahaha

IMG_0295.jpg

So now starts the process of waiting for interior, septic, electric, LP and water to get setup and put down. Hope y’all enjoyed the pics this has been a long time dream of ours to have our own land and house.
Cheers y’all

WJCO

Meme King
Alrighty everybody it’s been a pretty eventful day today the house got setup today and the process begins.

So now starts the process of waiting for interior, septic, electric, LP and water to get setup and put down. Hope y’all enjoyed the pics this has been a long time dream of ours to have our own land and house.
Cheers y’all

Congrats. That's awesome.

USMC Wrangler

View attachment 346320
View attachment 346321
View attachment 346322
View attachment 346323

Time to prep for the front half

View attachment 346324
View attachment 346326
View attachment 346327

Setup complete and you know I had to get D-day in at least one of the pics hahaha

View attachment 346328

Cheers y’all

Congrats! [emoji1303][emoji1319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
That's awesome - congrats! Nothing like getting your first home. :thumb:

That’s is awesome!! Congratulations to you guys!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Make sure the bathroom is on the high end [emoji51], congrats to you

Congrats. That's awesome.

Amazing [emoji6] enjoy [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Congrats! [emoji1303][emoji1319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys we are beyond excited still got some work to do on the lot around the house for the driveway and removal of a few leftover stumps by this point I gotta say I absolutely hate roots and stumps with a lovely passion haha

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Good evening everybody so update on the house
I spent a good hour digging a 20ft long by 32inch deep trench to bury electrical conduit for duke to put our service under what will be part of the driveway.
61032055137__5FFC4F64-0E6B-470E-A6AB-A29CF1A4F694.jpg
61032059670__13F21C54-7181-410F-9BC0-6A5C9AC9CBF2.jpg

I got the driveway marked off and panned also work crew has been working on the siding on the outside of the house and working on the interior will try to get pics of that soon.
IMG_0312.jpg

Exposed beams also got installed in the living room I’ll work on getting pics of those soon.

Septic is going in tomorrow and water is supposed to shore up and hopefully get started tomorrow as well.

Downside the mortgage company is giving us a bad taste saying we have to pay them a ridiculous amount of money to get our interest rate locked!!!!! Sad thing about all of this is that we’ve tried 2 separate times before this to get our rate locked and kept being told to wait now they wanting money somethings fishy. So that’s going on sadly. Chime in if any of y’all have had this Scenario happen before.

Overall though house wise everything is going great just hoping we can get through financial crash easily. Hope everybody has a great evening cheers.

WJCO

Meme King
Downside the mortgage company is giving us a bad taste saying we have to pay them a ridiculous amount of money to get our interest rate locked!!!!! Sad thing about all of this is that we’ve tried 2 separate times before this to get our rate locked and kept being told to wait now they wanting money somethings fishy. So that’s going on sadly. Chime in if any of y’all have had this Scenario happen before.

Nice work. I've never had an issue getting a rate locked without paying a dime. What is the mortgage on? The house or the land? I assume you're dealing with a fixed rate loan?

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Nice work. I've never had an issue getting a rate locked without paying a dime. What is the mortgage on? The house or the land? I assume you're dealing with a fixed rate loan?

So the rate is on the house and land and we’ve tried 2 separate times before this to lock in. Even the man that sold us the house talked to the lady handling our loan and told her we needed to lock in and the lady said we needed to wait. Now they’re wanting us to pay $1200 to lock in the same rate that we could have paid 0 for like 4 weeks ago.

Top Bottom