Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Well here we go braving the cold snap we’re having NC here is how D-day sits now and I’m still not finished with the mods from Christmas.
First off kudos to my wife for finding all this stuff for D-day
Rugged Ridge cowl protecters
IMG_5079.JPG
as of Christmas D-day is a Wayalife family member officially
IMG_5081.JPG
Last but not least she got me some Quadratec entry guards
IMG_5082.JPG
So like I said the mods ain’t done yet gotta get some more time to go to my dads shop to work on D-day
To be installed is EVO oil pan skid, the drag link when it comes in, and some EVO c2 gussets for the D30.
Hope y’all enjoyed the pics
Happy New Year
IMG_5084.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Well we were finally blessed with some snow round 6 inches here in NC
IMG_5089.JPG IMG_5092.JPG IMG_5091.JPG IMG_5096.JPG IMG_5098.JPG
I did get a chance to play in it a little bit before it all turned into ice but I was by myself so couldn’t take any pics climes few hills in my father in laws cow pastor and that was fun
Hope y’all enjoyed the pics cheers to all and be safe on the HWY

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Saturday we got out in the snow some more went to my dads farm and rode around stretched D-day out a bit.
I almost forgotten how fun riding around on the farm was and it was very nice to get out and just ride and explore
IMG_5104.jpg
IMG_5105.jpg
IMG_5107.JPG
IMG_5114.jpg
IMG_5116.JPG
IMG_5118.jpg
IMG_5120.jpg
Thoroughly enjoyed this snow event we’ve had here in ENC hopefully we will have one more but that’s up to Mother Nature hope y’all enjoyed the pics
Cheers to all

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So I got the new drag link installed checked out everything greased it up torqued down everything took it for a drive
The old link
IMG_5126.jpg
IMG_5127.jpg
The new one installed
IMG_5128.JPG
IMG_5129.jpg
So the steering definitely feels better little tighter HOWEVER it didn’t solve the DW it’s not as bad as before but still there sadly will keep y’all posted as I keep nibbling at this issue

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So I did a small mod to the grill only cause I had some extra light strips so I merged them in with the marker lights
Image1516152130.679098.jpg Image1516152145.041143.jpg
Hope y’all enjoy the pics
Cheers to all

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So I finally got to torque all the nuts and bolts checked the track bar and torqued it down the only thing that was loose was the steering stabilizer clamp to the tie rod, tie rod end clamp, and the track bar axle bracket bolt turnt 1/4 turn before it torqued.
The steering feels better but it still wobbles as of this mornin but not as bad so I think I fixed another link in chain now just gotta check my Cs. Thanks Eddie for all the torque specs on Project JK very helpful.

WJCO

Meme King
So I finally got to torque all the nuts and bolts checked the track bar and torqued it down the only thing that was loose was the steering stabilizer clamp to the tie rod, tie rod end clamp, and the track bar axle bracket bolt turnt 1/4 turn before it torqued.
The steering feels better but it still wobbles as of this mornin but not as bad so I think I fixed another link in chain now just gotta check my Cs. Thanks Eddie for all the torque specs on Project JK very helpful.

May not be a bad idea to get that track bar bracket welded on. I assume from what you're describing that you have an aftermarket bolt on bracket? Next thing to check is likely the ball joints.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
May not be a bad idea to get that track bar bracket welded on. I assume from what you're describing that you have an aftermarket bolt on bracket? Next thing to check is likely the ball joints.

This on the welding ^^^^

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Have you checked your toe in?

How do you check that

This on the welding ^^^^

Definitely sounds possible but from what I see I don’t have an aftermarket track bar or track bar brackets but I will post pics to better describe what I have. Cause I’m not sure either. I’m completely open to any other advice to better solve this issue.
Thank you to everybody in advance for your help and advice.

Top Bottom