dcbjk Build Thread and Picture Diary

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So here it is my first official part of the build a cobra all in hand cb can't wait to see how it works
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435887608.250691.jpg

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I have been debating on buying the same one. Let me know what you think about it after the install. Congrats on the jeep and everything that goes with it bro

Thanks bro soon as I get that thing installed and get some experience with it I'll let ya know

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Got started this morning in mounting the cb and couldn't figure out where to mount until it hit me
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435959624.455283.jpg

Found a spot under the glove box it was a tight fit but it's in there and all you see is the mic plug the transmitter is under the metal piece
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435959753.146395.jpg

Took me 3 hours to mount the box but hey little bit at a time still gotta do the wiring and antenna mount

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Got started this morning in mounting the cb and couldn't figure out where to mount until it hit me
View attachment 151824

Found a spot under the glove box it was a tight fit but it's in there and all you see is the mic plug the transmitter is under the metal piece
View attachment 151827

Took me 3 hours to mount the box but hey little bit at a time still gotta do the wiring and antenna mount

Same spot I mounted mine! It's a perfect spot for it. If you need more pics for it Dave go to my build thread

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
So here it is my first official part of the build a cobra all in hand cb can't wait to see how it works
View attachment 151714

I have the same one and it works great! It's nice to be able to disconnect it and get it out of the way if needed as well. It's a little tough to hear when you have doors and top off and driving on the freeway, but that's the only time I've had any issues at all 😄👍🏻

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Same spot I mounted mine! It's a perfect spot for it. If you need more pics for it Dave go to my build thread

10-4 Steve I'll have to check it out it fits good just gotta get the wiring and antenna mounting done and it'll be done

I have the same one and it works great! It's nice to be able to disconnect it and get it out of the way if needed as well. It's a little tough to hear when you have doors and top off and driving on the freeway, but that's the only time I've had any issues at all 😄👍🏻

Good advice I guess that's why some people bought exterior speakers for it

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So today I put the finishing touches on the cb for instance wiring and mounting the antenna here are few pic if you have any questions about anything let me know
View attachment 152271
Ran the hot wire through a foam hole on the side panel and to the battery worked pretty good
View attachment 152272
View attachment 152273
Rand the antenna cable through the zipper insulation round the roll cage wasn't too bad just gotta have patience haha
View attachment 152274
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436152794.233129.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436152818.270193.jpg
Made my way to the back of the Jeep to the tailgate and out the vent behind the spare and onto the antenna mount
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436152907.945989.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436152953.142731.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436152981.764917.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436153014.381516.jpg
Haha got the big antenna mounted it's a Jeep WAYALIFE
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436153083.023305.jpg

Top Bottom