DANA Ultimate UD60 TORTURE TESTED & PROVEN on the JL / JT Experience

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know the answer? I found one post that someone said they believe the UD60 are still using the 2 pin system. I found another post saying the new 4 pin is stronger and locks faster staying engage in forward and reverse but nothing confirming what the UD60 uses?

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think what I have is the new 4 pin system. That being said, I have not seen it be a problem either. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler so there's that.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Anyone know the answer? I found one post that someone said they believe the UD60 are still using the 2 pin system. I found another post saying the new 4 pin is stronger and locks faster staying engage in forward and reverse but nothing confirming what the UD60 uses?

Bored out of my mind at work so I did my best google-fu through the eaton website and found a parts list from 2017. It looks like all of the recommended lockers for any of the axles were "elocker4" which I think is a 4 pin. I didn't see the UD in the list.

62949645044__B2DD70DC-D915-4565-B2BB-DC576196C4B5.jpg

Last edited:

MericaMade

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think what I have is the new 4 pin system. That being said, I have not seen it be a problem either. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler so there's that.

I really am glad you chose to run them and put them to the test at your so called mall. Honestly, after everything I have read prior I would have passed on these. The the video of Mel talking about them and you guys out beating the snot out of them, along with not really finding any issues with these axles since you put them on in 2019 is really making reconsider my purchase with DT.

Bored out of my mind at work so I did my best google-fu through the eaton website and found a parts list from 2017. It looks like all of the recommended lockers for any of the axles were "elocker4" which I think is a 4 pin. I didn't see the UD in the list.

View attachment 359737

Yeah, everything I find just says Eaton locker, that's it, no part number or information. It's not a deal killer just would like to know.

Last edited:

MericaMade

For reference on how route the PSC line, I went back to the first page to look at all the rigs. I see most of the rigs have the 90 degree elbow coming out of the ram and most are running the lines in-between the trackbar and diff. How are they now smashing the lines? I only have about a ziptie thickness of gap at full bump between the t-bar and diff.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For reference on how route the PSC line, I went back to the first page to look at all the rigs. I see most of the rigs have the 90 degree elbow coming out of the ram and most are running the lines in-between the trackbar and diff. How are they now smashing the lines? I only have about a ziptie thickness of gap at full bump between the t-bar and diff.

You might have your axle positioned too far forward. On Moby, I have my lines routed along the front and top of the track bar and have them zip tied to the track bar itself.

A.J.

Sorry if you said already but what brand trac bar and how much bump stop? Also I’ll add to what Eddie is saying about moving the axle back. If you haven’t done final caster adjustments you may find it just needs to be rotated back slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

You might have your axle positioned too far forward. On Moby, I have my lines routed along the front and top of the track bar and have them zip tied to the track bar itself.

Sorry if you said already but what brand trac bar and how much bump stop? Also I’ll add to what Eddie is saying about moving the axle back. If you haven’t done final caster adjustments you may find it just needs to be rotated back slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am running all Synergy Steering. So, for axle position Mel told me to run my front axle as far forward as I could without hitting the trackbar. Right now I have about 1/4 inch clearance between trackbar and diff at full tuck using the king bumps. At full bump I have1/2 inch of shock shaft still showing and the bumps are hitting pretty center on full bump. I have my Evo short arms lowers only turned out about 1/4 inch on the bottom and uppers set to 5 degree of caster.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am running all Synergy Steering. So, for axle position Mel told me to run my front axle as far forward as I could without hitting the trackbar. Right now I have about 1/4 inch clearance between trackbar and diff at full tuck using the king bumps. At full bump I have1/2 inch of shock shaft still showing and the bumps are hitting pretty center on full bump. I have my Evo short arms lowers only turned out about 1/4 inch on the bottom and uppers set to 5 degree of caster.

Okay, so strap your lines to the top of the track bar and you should be fine.

Top Bottom