Colorado living advice

Helipilot2

Hey guys, I've got an interview in La Junta on Friday and will be looking at housing while out there as well. I work 7 days on 7 days off with company quarters to live in while on duty. We are looking more in the Pueblo or south Colorado Springs area. Can I please get some insight on where we should start our search. We will be renting for now. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Pueblo is more desert-like and warmer. Colorado Springs has the mountains right there and is a prettier area, IMO. There's a lot more to do in the springs if you like the outdoors. CO Springs is crowded though.

Helipilot2

Pueblo is more desert-like and warmer. Colorado Springs has the mountains right there and is a prettier area, IMO. There's a lot more to do in the springs if you like the outdoors. CO Springs is crowded though.

We love the mountains but I'm afraid of the pricing in Colorado Springs lol. How is the southern side?

It looked like western Pueblo was at the base of the mountain?

GraniteCrystal

We love the mountains but I'm afraid of the pricing in Colorado Springs lol. How is the southern side?

You can live anywhere in Colorado you want? Pick a place near Denver or the Springs, rent for 6 months, travel a ton and visit every town you can, then pick a place.

Helipilot2

You can live anywhere in Colorado you want? Pick a place near Denver or the Springs, rent for 6 months, travel a ton and visit every town you can, then pick a place.

Yup, just don't want a completely outrageous drive to and from La Junta every other week. That's why I was thinking Colorado Springs area, can make that drive in about an hour and a half

Bierpower

Hooked
We just got to CO in March and finding a place is pretty tough. We ended up in southern colorado springs. If you don't mind living in a subdivision, they are putting up a lot of houses in this area. I would consider us to be in fountain but we have a springs zip code. It's not a bad area. 20 min to about anywhere in town and 30 min from the mountain and on the outer limits of the city.

Sent from my SM-P550 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

Pueblo West is not at the base of the mountains. It's about 30 to 45 min from the front range (Wet Mountains) and Canon City. It's a much quicker drive to La Junta from Pueblo or Pueblo West than from Colorado Springs. You might look into Pueblo West out by the reservoir (State Park). Another option might be the area close to the college campus (CSU - Pueblo). It's a quick jumping off point at US HWY 50. Weather and cost of living is better in Pueblo. Springs is bigger and sits at the base of Cheyenne Mountain and the front range. Significantly more snow in the springs and 7 to 10 degrees cooler.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Helipilot2

We just got to CO in March and finding a place is pretty tough. We ended up in southern colorado springs. If you don't mind living in a subdivision, they are putting up a lot of houses in this area. I would consider us to be in fountain but we have a springs zip code. It's not a bad area. 20 min to about anywhere in town and 30 min from the mountain and on the outer limits of the city.

Sent from my SM-P550 using WAYALIFE mobile app

What's the rough rental cost in that area?

Last edited:

Helipilot2

Pueblo West is not at the base of the mountains. It's about 30 to 45 min from the front range (Wet Mountains) and Canon City. It's a much quicker drive to La Junta from Pueblo or Pueblo West than from Colorado Springs. You might look into Pueblo West out by the reservoir (State Park). Another option might be the area close to the college campus (CSU - Pueblo). It's a quick jumping off point at US HWY 50. Weather and cost of living is better in Pueblo. Springs is bigger and sits at the base of Cheyenne Mountain and the front range. Significantly more snow in the springs and 7 to 10 degrees cooler.

I was looking up there by the reservoir and it looked like prices were pretty steep in that area and most places didn't allow cats. Wouldn't be a bad area to live tho

Basscat

I was looking up there by the reservoir and it looked like prices were pretty steep in that area and most places didn't allow cats. Wouldn't be a bad area to live tho

Just thinking Pueblo / Pueblo West puts you right between La Junta (work), Colorado Springs (shopping and entertainment) and Canon City (gateway to the mountains). Good staging area!

Top Bottom