Coilover Decisions - Few Lingering Questions

Ddays

Hooked
I’m interested to see when we are on a run together how much difference there is between the standard LCAs verses the high clearance going over the same rocks with 40s. It’s really going to piss one of us off. [emoji23]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ultimately what pushed me to the high clearance mounts was the climb we did on Turtle Ridge when we went out with Matt & Dez. I could have walked right up it but my damn Long Arm LCA mounts kept getting caught right when I was ready to pop over the last big overhang at the top. Jeff would have been able to make it up right after me but I tore some big rocks loose & made it impossible for him to get over the same one. I've been in other places hung up on them too but this was the one that pissed me off for the last time. With the frame mounts out of the way the only thing I'll have hanging down will be the LCA mounts on the rear of the axle, but it's smaller than the stock mounts and it has a built in skid.

It will sure be interesting to see how they compare.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Ultimately what pushed me to the high clearance mounts was the climb we did on Turtle Ridge when we went out with Matt & Dez. I could have walked right up it but my damn Long Arm LCA mounts kept getting caught right when I was ready to pop over the last big overhang at the top. Jeff would have been able to make it up right after me but I tore some big rocks loose & made it impossible for him to get over the same one. I've been in other places hung up on them too but this was the one that pissed me off for the last time. With the frame mounts out of the way the only thing I'll have hanging down will be the LCA mounts on the rear of the axle, but it's smaller than the stock mounts and it has a built in skid.

It will sure be interesting to see how they compare.

I just wanna get out and wheel with everyone. Tie a damn anchor off my axle and I don’t know I would
Care right now.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
What about ORE like Matt has? He loves his. ORE doesn’t sound right

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Would love to go ORI but they aren’t really made to be driven on the street and are difficult to stuff in a jk from what I have read. I need to explore that a little more too. I’ve chatted with Matt on them already.

Ddays

Hooked
Would love to go ORI but they aren’t really made to be driven on the street and are difficult to stuff in a jk from what I have read. I need to explore that a little more too. I’ve chatted with Matt on them already.

Matt swears by his. I think in a JK you have to cut into the tub pretty good to get them to fit in the rear. That Grubicon guy ran them on his Jeep.

wjtstudios

Hooked
This whole thing is just walking me back to fixing my Kings and ordering some king bump stops and living with it for a year.

And then I’ll wheel with Jeffj again and start this process all over after drooling over his DTD and watching that thing preform.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Matt swears by his. I think in a JK you have to cut into the tub pretty good to get them to fit in the rear. That Grubicon guy ran them on his Jeep.

I wouldn’t mind cutting into the tub so much. I just don’t know enough and always makes me nervous when there is so little application

Weebz

Caught the Bug
This whole thing is just walking me back to fixing my Kings and ordering some king bump stops and living with it for a year.

And then I’ll wheel with Jeffj again and start this process all over after drooling over his DTD and watching that thing preform.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Who says you can’t perform the same with your current set up?

Ddays

Hooked
Who says you can’t perform the same with your current set up?

I guess we are going to have to find out. [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Honestly I think we're at the needs vs. wants stage. I know I don't absolutely need the CO's, but since I was going as far as I was I figured the hell with it. I am anxious to see
the difference in the flex.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Honestly I think we're at the needs vs. wants stage. I know I don't absolutely need the CO's, but since I was going as far as I was I figured the hell with it. I am anxious to see

The one thing I know for sure is when we break loose of this mess, it’s going to be a blast testing things out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

After wheeling with Clearskies, who just did high clearance long arms and coil overs, you will be impressed.

And he is on stock axles and 37s. With 40s and tons, you will be in the big leagues for sure.

I'm trying to convince myself to be happy with the rear springs you send me, my new MC bumps, my rear Kings repaired, and probably 4" plush rides for the front.

What I really want is the DTD, but I need to spend that money on my house instead of the Jeep, so I will just have to wait.

Ddays

Hooked
The one thing I know for sure is when we break loose of this mess, it’s going to be a blast testing things out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah, a month of this shit is getting old. I'm ready to get out somewhere for sure.

This is the funniest thing I’ve read all day!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

#firstworldproblems

After wheeling with Clearskies, who just did high clearance long arms and coil overs, you will be impressed.

And he is on stock axles and 37s. With 40s and tons, you will be in the big leagues for sure.

I'm trying to convince myself to be happy with the rear springs you send me, my new MC bumps, my rear Kings repaired, and probably 4" plush rides for the front.

What I really want is the DTD, but I need to spend that money on my house instead of the Jeep, so I will just have to wait.

I agree on the DTD, but man, that's one hell of an expenditure that I'd personally be hard pressed to justify living over East.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I haven’t read all this but bolt ones are more than suffice to for most everyone. You won’t use the DTD back East. You won’t even use it at the sand dunes. Remember you have a 7,000lbs Jeep, not a sand car. Sure you can go over some whoops but if you think you’re gonna jump it and go through knee high or bigger whoops and it feel like a trophy truck, your high.

It’s a great system don’t get me wrong. Hell I don’t really want to drive any of the other jeeps I have after driving the dtd. But for the east coast, you’ll never get your money worth.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I haven’t read all this but bolt ones are more than suffice to for most everyone. You won’t use the DTD back East. You won’t even use it at the sand dunes. Remember you have a 7,000lbs Jeep, not a sand car. Sure you can go over some whoops but if you think you’re gonna jump it and go through knee high or bigger whoops and it feel like a trophy truck, your high.

It’s a great system don’t get me wrong. Hell I don’t really want to drive any of the other jeeps I have after driving the dtd. But for the east coast, you’ll never get your money worth.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Plus harsh winters.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom