Calling out Bruiser Conversions!

Being that he is from Florida I believe there is no diesel emmisions like here in Georgia. If im right I highly doubt there was def, dpf or anything on it.

yeah we have no emissions. I pulled my DPF right after I got my truck. One of the issues with them is setting our pastures on fire because of how much hotter they make the exhaust pipe. I was just saying someone that really doesn't know much about diesels would be worried about temps that really may not have been that high

yeah we have no emissions. I pulled my DPF right after I got my truck. One of the issues with them is setting our pastures on fire because of how much hotter they make the exhaust pipe. I was just saying someone that really doesn't know much about diesels would be worried about temps that really may not have been that high

Hey sorry for the delayed reply. My EGT's were sitting steadily in the 1100-1200 range in normal driving, getting well into the 1400-1500's under hard acceleration, and around 400-600 at idle. Seems way too high to me, i've heard 1300 will start melting the turbo.

My buddy has a 2011 LML Duramax and he runs 300-400 in normal driving, around 250 at idle, and maybe 600-700 under hard acceleration

Last edited:
Just throwing this one out there. Green machine didn't you instal some new dynatrac 60's and gear them at 3.45? because it matched the diesel and the tranny. So now with the LS you'll probably have to re-gear your new 60's [emoji15]

Yeah special ordered the axles from Dynatrac with 3:54's. I am going to regear them, probably to 4:56. I've heard that with the V8 you want to be at around 2300 rpm at 70 mph.

What kind of EGTs was it exactly running? Also what size exhaust? Ever consider bumping it up?

It was running 1100-1200 while cruising, would easily get up well into the 1400's-1500's under hard acceleration. Idle was around 400-600. I've heard that 1300 will start melting the turbo.

Last edited:
:cheesy:

And you don't have an issue with spending another $3K to fix their screwup?!

Well I think the gears are my problem since it was my decision to special order with those gears. So i'm going to have to eat the $$$ to regear.

Do you think 4:56 will be correct with 37's?

Last edited:
Well I think the gears are my problem since it was my decision to special order with those gears. So i'm going to have to eat the $$$ to regear.

Do you think 4:56 will be correct with 37's?

Thats a tough question. Are they going to install it properly so it makes the correct power? If so maybe ok. My friend runs 4.88s with his motech ls3 and 37s. But since it is a bruiser ls3, if they install it like your diesel it will make less power than a 3.8 with two plugs removed and you'll want really deep gears.

Thats a tough question. Are they going to install it properly so it makes the correct power? If so maybe ok. My friend runs 4.88s with his motech ls3 and 37s. But since it is a bruiser ls3, if they install it like your diesel it will make less power than a 3.8 with two plugs removed and you'll want really deep gears.

I'm going to anticipate that the LS3 works at it should until I am proven otherwise. Like I said the odd thing is the few people that I have spoken with that have their LS conversion say that it has more than enough power and works perfectly, while all that I have spoken to that have the diesel conversions are having the same issues that I did.

I think this whole thread has been one long "what do we think". I honestly don't have anything constructive left to say at this point. The only thing I can I think of is that you should just abandon this thread and let it die out man........

Top Bottom