Bullwinkle Gladiator Build

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Hey everyone I figured it was time to start a build thread for my Gadiator that’s getting built right now from factory!

Not trying to copy Sharkey on cartoon character names. I actually had this name a while ago with it being in the list I made with my Dad. Sadly last June my Dad passed away due to complications of CHF. It was a complete shock and made 2020 much worse for myself and family. So with that I chose this name for that reason of deciding on it with my dad. Plus my dads nick name for as long as I remember has been Bruce the Moose so I figured this would be a good name to remember my dad by.
I know one thing is that he loved going out on the Jeep trips with everyone here and I wished he got out before he passed but his health and myself going to school said otherwise.

So I’m building this Jeep for him and myself so I can get out there and explore all the places we said we would eventually get to.

Anyways back to the Jeep. I just checked this morning and it’s “waiting for parts” but hopefully they will start putting it together soon! The wait so far has been killing me and it’s only been two weeks. 🤪[emoji23]

Here’s a pic the day I went to the dealer to order. I’m sure it’s way better in person lol

IMG_3767.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates! [emoji106]🥃

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry to hear about your dad but that's a great way to remember him. Congrats on the new Jeep and picking the right color.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really am sorry to hear about your loss. It was a real pleasure to meet your dad and to have him join us on a few of our trips. I'm super glad to hear you you're getting a Gladiator and so look forward to seeing it get built up. I also eagerly await a time when we can get back on the trails together again :thumb:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I really am sorry to hear about your loss. It was a real pleasure to meet your dad and to have him join us on a few of our trips. I'm super glad to hear you you're getting a Gladiator and so look forward to seeing it get built up. I also eagerly await a time when we can get back on the trails together again :thumb:

Thanks Eddie that means a lot. I can’t wait myself to get out on the trail it has been too long and I am in need of getting away from it all and enjoying trails with you and everyone again! [emoji16]

Ddays

Hooked
I started my original build years ago while my dad was in hospice to help pass the time. Nice to see you honoring yours that was too. Nice looking Gladiator!

Brute

Hooked
Ray, I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your father...looking forward to seeing the progress on your new JT...

My dad passed away a long time ago, but I still remember the first time I was in a 4x4 when I was a young teenager; it was his '68 Bronco, which sparked my imagination with 4x4's...4 decades later, I honored his memory with getting a '68 Bronco of my own.

Your dad would have been happy with you getting a jeep truck to honor his memory...a hui hou.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Very sorry to hear about your father. No words can make that kind of loss better.

Congrats on the new ride though, and I love the name!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

JKbrick

That is a great story and I’m so glad you got to make Jeep memories with your dad, so sorry for your loss. While I still have my dad, he’s never been a car guy so we never made those connections, but I’m doing everything I can with my kids so they will always think of me and smile when they pass an old orange jeep after I’m gone. Your truck is going to be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So sorry to hear about your dad Ray. On the bright side tho congrats on the new rig!! He probably loves the name of it! Can’t wait to see it built up and you back out on the trails wheeling!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I started my original build years ago while my dad was in hospice to help pass the time. Nice to see you honoring yours that was too. Nice looking Gladiator!

Sorry to hear about your Dad Ray, the purpose behind the build is very cool. Looking fwd to seeing what you do with it and hope to see you out on the trail soon.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ray, I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your father...looking forward to seeing the progress on your new JT...

My dad passed away a long time ago, but I still remember the first time I was in a 4x4 when I was a young teenager; it was his '68 Bronco, which sparked my imagination with 4x4's...4 decades later, I honored his memory with getting a '68 Bronco of my own.

Your dad would have been happy with you getting a jeep truck to honor his memory...a hui hou.

Very sorry to hear about you father. No words can make that kind of loss better.

Congrats on the new ride though, and I love the name!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That is a great story and I’m so glad you got to make Jeep memories with your dad, so sorry for your loss. While I still have my dad, he’s never been a car guy so we never made those connections, but I’m doing everything I can with my kids so they will always think of me and smile when they pass an old orange jeep after I’m gone. Your truck is going to be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So sorry to hear about your dad Ray. On the bright side tho congrats on the new rig!! He probably loves the name of it! Can’t wait to see it built up and you back out on the trails wheeling!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It truly means a lot coming from the Wayalife family! Hope to get this JT built up and see many of you out on the trail soon. :yup:

Elroy231

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father!
The gladiator build is a very cool memorial. I hope that it gives you the sense that he's in that jeep with you on your adventures.
Cool name too!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Sorry to hear of the loss of your father!
The gladiator build is a very cool memorial. I hope that it gives you the sense that he's in that jeep with you on your adventures.
Cool name too!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Such a great way to Honor your father, Sorry to hear about your loss.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thank guys.

I’m hoping that I can get to do some of the cool things we were planning and hopefully get me to a few fishing spots Iv told my dad about on a couple Jeep trails... :yup:

jdofmemi

What a great way to remember your dad. I'm sure you will think of him every time you get in your new ride.

It's great to hear the connection you had and interests you shared with him.

Great color, and a great name as well👍

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Sorry to hear about your dad. Congratulations on the JT can't wait to see what you have planned for it

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

What a great way to remember your dad. I'm sure you will think of him every time you get in your new ride.

It's great to hear the connection you had and interests you shared with him.

Great color, and a great name as well[emoji106]

Thanks guys.

jdoememi, I have to agree. He was what truly got me into Jeeps. Owning a few himself then getting me an 85 Cherokee to fix up. After that I was hooked! Went on many trips fishing and hunting together then once I got my JK back in 2012 we started exploring more and went on a few trips with Eddie and Cindy. Fun times that I still enjoy revisiting with old pictures.

Top Bottom