Building PEACEMAKER

PEACEMAKER1

I have that exhaust. I had to swap back in the factory resonator in front of the “muffler” to reduce the noise level and change the exhaust tone. It sound too much like a rice burner for my tastes with a loud drone, but after the resonator went back in, it tamed it back down and gave it more of a deeper tone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't mind how it sounds currently, pretty good to me. However, I am thinking about giving your method a try to see the difference. I don't mind the volume, it's more about the tone.

PEACEMAKER1

I received my front bumper in the mail today and was able to get it installed this evening (pics below). I really like the quality and look of the bumper. It has a very solid feel and clean construction. The install was pretty straight forward. The only disclaimer I would provide is, on this shorty version, it can be difficult to get the mounting bolts installed. The shorty version impedes the space where you insert the bolts from the front toward the back, but with a little finesse, it is definitely possible. Other than that, the construction was very well thought out. There are slots on the bottom edge to get a wrench on the bolts while you tighten the nuts on the inside. Mounting the winch was also straight forward and fit perfectly. I routed my winch cables up behind the stock airbox and directly toward the battery. The cables were the perfect length for this without any extra slack.

IMG_20180806_205536.jpg

MVIMG_20180806_205518.jpg

I am looking forward to the next step in the build...not sure what that will be yet. I decided to give Dynatrac a call today and asked them to go with 5.13 instead of the 4.88s. I figured the slightly larger gears would be better if I ever wanted to go with larger tires...but also because I would rather have the more torque. They also said the axles would be finished sometime mid September....so that will be a nice painful wait. But I am thinking about prepping for the lift and large tires, maybe cutting my stock fenders and looking into some sliders. I would be happy to hear anyones opinion on sliders. Also, I have been looking into a cage, not sure to go with the Evo or the Rock Hard cage system. Any advice?

JKJason

Looking good. Can't wait to see more! I really like my Rock Hard cage. I don't think you'd go wrong with either of them.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
I believe on the Scarlet Witch build thread he has some good pics of his install of the Rock Hard cage.

PEACEMAKER1

Looking good. Can't wait to see more! I really like my Rock Hard cage. I don't think you'd go wrong with either of them.

Thanks for the advice! I am leaning towards the RockHard. I like the round geometry.

things are looking good. i'm debating the same thing myself.

Yes for sure both great options and I know I couldn't go wrong either way. I wonder if there is any differences between the visibility of the two cages...

I believe on the Scarlet Witch build thread he has some good pics of his install of the Rock Hard cage.

Thanks for the info. I took a look at that build thread, very awesome! I sent a message asking more, but the RH definitely looks good colored and installed.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
That build does look awesome. Another thing I’ve found a couple years back on this forum is to cut the bottom of a milk jug to protect the corners on the dash. Just something I put in the good ol’ memory bank for when I do my RH cage. Lol

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Jeep looks great, come September you're gonna have yourself a real beast! Looking forward to seeing the finished product 👍👋

PEACEMAKER1

Jeep looks great, come September you're gonna have yourself a real beast! Looking forward to seeing the finished product 👍👋

Thanks! Yeah the September timeline, although not that far away, is going to be a struggle. I am mostly just looking forward to getting it all put together so I can get out on the trails.

CCTX50

Great looking jeep you have there. Looks like I will go with the same bumper.

I have the RH cage in mine. Love it. I'm tall and have no issues with seeing out. I think the EVO gives a little more visibility though. I'll post up some pics soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

PEACEMAKER1

Sorry for the long MIA...work has been crazy with lots of travel. But I am finally back home for a little bit and I can post some updates...

A few weeks ago, before I had to leave the country for a bit, I received a 1200 lbs. crate :)

IMG_20180920_125929.jpg

Talk about a thing of beauty (Thanks Dynatrac for such a beautiful looking set of axles)! To catch everyone up, I am installing XD60s with the EVO double D long arms with coilovers. This last weekend I was finally able to find time for the install. I am happy to say that I have been making some progress. Queue some initial photos of the prep and beginning the big project:

IMG_20181004_183420.jpg

IMG_20181005_073405.jpg

IMG_20181005_073421.jpg

IMG_20181005_073440.jpg

I have to say for others interested in any of these parts that this installation of both axles and the Evo long arms with coilovers is a very large project to tackle. So make sure you have about a weeks worth of time set aside with all the right tools and help to get the job done right. I spent the first day taking off all the necessary components (gas tank, exhaust, etc) and removing the stock axles and suspension. The second day I spend cutting and welding CA brackets and getting everything prepared for installing the axles. The third day I spent installing the coilover brackets and suspension. The entire process was a great learning experience and really fun to put together. Here are some pics of the process so far:

IMG_20181005_153122.jpg

IMG_20181007_114903.jpg

Right now I have everything installed but I had to order my new drive shafts, so I am waiting on those currently. I also have been finishing all the other parts that come with this installation including trackbar adjustments and sway bar links, etc. Stay tuned for more pics this weekend when I have everything finished :)

PEACEMAKER1

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement! FINALLY FINISHED today! :) Here are just a couple pics! I will add more later this week with details on the build and all the tricks I was able to figure out along the way.

IMG_20181014_173238.jpg

IMG_20181014_173256.jpg

IMG_20181014_173305.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Looks amazing. I too installed a long arm lift in my garage. I am mechanically inclined but had never lifted a vehicle before. Talking about jumping in head first. From start to finish it took me 3.5 weeks working evenings and weekends on it. I remember the night I got it done and backed out of the driveway. Makes me smile right now thinking about it. I do agree you learn a lot doing the installation yourself. One thing I was dumb about was not removing the drive shafts and axles when cutting and grinding. Not sure why I felt I shouldn't but I just unbolted everything and worked around them. Probably would have saved me some time had I moved them out of my way...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

PEACEMAKER1

That looks great!

Nice trim job on the fenders too.

Thanks! Yeah I was excited the fenders turned out. I was really happy to get the front liner looking good after trimming :)

Looks amazing. I too installed a long arm lift in my garage. I am mechanically inclined but had never lifted a vehicle before. Talking about jumping in head first. From start to finish it took me 3.5 weeks working evenings and weekends on it. I remember the night I got it done and backed out of the driveway. Makes me smile right now thinking about it. I do agree you learn a lot doing the installation yourself. One thing I was dumb about was not removing the drive shafts and axles when cutting and grinding. Not sure why I felt I shouldn't but I just unbolted everything and worked around them. Probably would have saved me some time had I moved them out of my way...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ha! Yeah it was a fantastic learning experience. I like to tell people that it's part of the Jeep adventure! It helps too when you have the right tools to get the job done. But I am with you on the finished product. You back her up and just want to stare at her for a while....then go off-road for the next week haha

That’s a large project to take on. Looks amazing! Great job! Something to be proud of completing yourself, I’m sure it wasn’t an easy task

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah it was some work alright. Doing the long arms, coilovers, and axles all at the same time was a lot but well worth it in the end :D

Top Bottom