Build of my JKU

I wouldn't say it was easy breaking those beads off the Coopers but this little $30 tool from Harbor Freight bolted to the crate made it easier.20201227_125444.jpg

So for you guys that have dumped 25k or more into your jeeps what are you doing for insurance? My insurance said the most they will cover is $2500.00 with receipts. I was like I have more in lug nuts and bolts then that LOL.

So for you guys that have dumped 25k or more into your jeeps what are you doing for insurance? My insurance said the most they will cover is $2500.00 with receipts. I was like I have more in lug nuts and bolts then that LOL.

Our insurance company let me tell them how much I wanted insured as extras

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Who do you have? You could do hagerty. I think the last quote I got for the silver Jeeps was like $2800 a year for $85k in coverage. Hagerty is easy to work with and pay cash if something happens. Not many questions.

Our insurance company let me tell them how much I wanted insured as extras

What company?
Who do you have? You could do hagerty. I think the last quote I got for the silver Jeeps was like $2800 a year for $85k in coverage. Hagerty is easy to work with and pay cash if something happens. Not many questions.

Wawanesa out of San Diego. I'll get a quote from Hagerty tomorrow.

What company?Wawanesa out of San Diego. I'll get a quote from Hagerty tomorrow.

I have wawanesa too. Call them and they will schedule an appraiser to come out and appraise your jeep. With receipts they should cover what you want. They told me that too. They will basically cover whatever you want but you’re gonna pay for it. I was thinking about doing the appraiser thing but think I’m gonna sell that Jeep so not worth it.

What company?Wawanesa out of San Diego. I'll get a quote from Hagerty tomorrow.

Hagerty website is pretty simple to get a quote. No bombardment of emails and phone calls like other insurance quotes.:crazyeyes: I just ran a quote for my 51 Styleline Deluxe for $30,000 coverage only $381 a year. Going to run the Jeep through now. $60,000 coverage for $1243 a year for the jeep. Not to bad I guess.

Last edited:
Hagerty website is pretty simple to get a quote. No bombardment of emails and phone calls like other insurance quotes.:crazyeyes: I just ran a quote for my 51 Styleline Deluxe for $30,000 coverage only $381 a year. Going to run the Jeep through now.

Don’t forget the $49 magazine subscription lol

I pay $110 a year for the DJ and $49 is the magazine I get every month. Nobody else would cover it though. And yes, hagerty is super easy to deal with.

Hagerty website is pretty simple to get a quote. No bombardment of emails and phone calls like other insurance quotes.:crazyeyes: I just ran a quote for my 51 Styleline Deluxe for $30,000 coverage only $381 a year. Going to run the Jeep through now. $60,000 coverage for $1243 a year for the jeep. Not to bad I guess.

Are there annual mileage limits? My impression is that Hagerty specializes in vintage and collectors cars, which aren’t driven much. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 5k miles annual limit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

$1243 not bad at all. So did you just add jeep and aftermarket together or was it done separately. I am adding up all my receipts now to see my total.

Don’t forget the $49 magazine subscription lol

I pay $110 a year for the DJ and $49 is the magazine I get every month. Nobody else would cover it though. And yes, hagerty is super easy to deal with.

Thanks, I have a great deal with Wawanesa now and don't want to screw it up. There is no (Just kidding) once the adjuster shows up LOL.

Are there annual mileage limits? My impression is that Hagerty specializes in vintage and collectors cars, which aren’t driven much. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 5k miles annual limit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yes you can choose the amount of mileage. On the 51 I put 2500 miles and on the Jeep I put 5000 miles. Also on the Jeep I checked seasonal (5 months of the year) driving option being I'm not home much.

Last edited:
Mutual of Enumclaw allows for $20,000 in extra equipment.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

I've got 15k in add-ons covered with Geico, not sure if they have a limit but I was surprised how cheap the extra coverage was.

I've got 15k in add-ons covered with Geico, not sure if they have a limit but I was surprised how cheap the extra coverage was.

I also have Geico. Been pretty happy with them. Up until I added my 18 year old.:doh: Will check out their added coverage soon.

I would definitely consider getting Ravelco installed..... It might bring your insurance cost down a bit.... plus there is no way anyone is stealing your Jeep without towing it away. It's not an end all... but it adds some piece of mind.

Top Bottom