Bruiser LS3 or Dakota Hemi 426

Gecko13

I’ve also seen a few Dakota kits. Don’t care for the company but they did make a nice swap kit. Maybe look at aev.

Gecko13

Just my opinion. Isn’t that what the forum is all about? The op looking for opinions based on what people have experienced? We have different opinions, such is life lol. I think I would talk to a shop that has done both and see what they have to say. They will have more clout than anyone here.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just my opinion. Isn’t that what the forum is all about? The op looking for opinions based on what people have experienced? We have different opinions, such is life lol.
LOL - There's a BIG difference between "experience" and an "opinion" you've come up with based on shit that you've seen on the internet. And, nobody I know has stopped you from expressing yours. I'm just expressing mine based on ACTUAL EXPERIENCE and once again, laughing at the lack of yours. You know, stuff that happens on a forum - such is life 🤣
I think I would talk to a shop that has done both and see what they have to say. They will have more clout than anyone here.
Don't know of ANY shop other than Motech that has worked on an LT. And since it seems you don't know what that is, it's the new Gen V motor that GM came out with to replace the LS. The Gen V LT has more HP, more torque and on a flat curve that starts from idle and thanks to it's 11.5:1 compression, direct injection and modern CVVT. Also, you can couple it to a 10 speed automatic (something you cannot do with a HEMI) and it won't overheat the way a HEMI WILL. It's lighter and will fit in the engine compartment of a JK without having to bash in the firewall to make it fit. Also, Motech DOES work HEMI's as well and yes, I would recommend that a person talk to them about ALL 3 as they will have more clout than anyone you've just recommended.

Last edited:

Gecko13

I actually know 3 guys running a hemi and only one with a LS. That’s what I was basing my opinion on. But I’m not a expert on any. At the end of the day a reputable shop that does them all will know best.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I actually know 3 guys running a hemi and only one with a LS. That’s what I was basing my opinion on. But I’m not a expert on any. At the end of the day a reputable shop that does them all will know best.
LOL - and my point is that you know NOBODY with an LT!! That's what we're talking about here, the NEW Gen V LT which REPLACED the LS and is FAR SUPERIOR to an LS or HEMI. And, I have personally run an LS and now I'm running an LT and I also know plenty of guys running HEMI's. I literally have the means to do ANY of them right now and have chosen to run an LT and for the reasons stated. BASED ON REAL EXPERIENCE and from WHAT I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN.

And yes, a reputable shop will know them best but unlike them, I have nothing to sell and unlike you, I have actually owned and run 2 of the 3 and have had personal experience with the 3rd. Just sayin.

Last edited:
I am running a 6.0LS and 6l80 in my 09 jku that motech installed. I will eventually be going with a gen5 LT. my experience with Robbi at motech has been great. Anytime i have had a issue i have had him on the phone within the hour with a solution. He has upgraded my software and hardware and parts for free or at cost. They have the absolute best customer service in the industry. I have friends who did swaps with other companies and once they paid and where out the door the could not ever be reached again let alone get actual help.

desertrunner

question on the hemi swap overheating issues. I have very limited experience so far with my 5.7 but I have never had any overheating issues with it. I have lights and a winch blocking airflow and have fun for hours in 4lo at over 100 degree temps. Maybe its just an AEV thing that they got it figured out? my fan does run quite a lot but I haven't ever seen any engine temps above 112. only thing I wish was better is not using the stock transmission with it.

Bierpower

Hooked
question on the hemi swap overheating issues. I have very limited experience so far with my 5.7 but I have never had any overheating issues with it. I have lights and a winch blocking airflow and have fun for hours in 4lo at over 100 degree temps. Maybe its just an AEV thing that they got it figured out? my fan does run quite a lot but I haven't ever seen any engine temps above 112. only thing I wish was better is not using the stock transmission with it.
I would be willing to bet that the heating issues comment was more aimed at the 6.4 than the 5.7. the smaller V8 probably does fine as it's a truck engine generally tuned for longevity more than performance. The hotter cams and higher cylinder pressures in the 6.4 would make a considerably higher amount of heat. Not to mention the larger volume of coolant to fill the bigger block. Factor all that into the limited size of a JK engine bay and it a lot of work to make it cool reliably in high ambient temperatures.

Top Bottom