Browns Camp-PNW! April 11th

Davwashere

Thanks again Gavin for organizing the run. It was nice to meet some new folks and spend a great day out on the trails. Here are some photos Kathie took.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428987781.444718.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428987810.818512.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428987826.208134.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428987842.045783.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428987852.366513.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428987863.854871.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428987875.840263.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428987903.542447.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428987918.040981.jpg

SEAJ

Bonus! My mileage improved my about 2 mpg after the run. 14s there and 16s on way back. I drove faster on the way home also. Guess I loosened some things up.

I would be down for a night run some time in the future.

dwmgcs

Bonus! My mileage improved my about 2 mpg after the run. 14s there and 16s on way back. I drove faster on the way home also. Guess I loosened some things up.

I would be down for a night run some time in the future.

Thats pretty amazing, complete justification for all mods you did to the Jeep, now they are paying for themselves, better do more!!!!

ClarksAdventures

How did the MC lift do for you on the trail? It looks like it did well from the pics.

I stand behind MetalCloak so far. I really enjoy the lift both on/off road. I think it performs awesome on all fronts. I even took a few hard hits to the control arms this last trip, and not a dent/scratch.

I know a few guys on here rag on them a little for their old style tie rod that bent really bad, or their duroflex joint. But so far I have absolutely nothing praise to say about their products.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I stand behind MetalCloak so far. I really enjoy the lift both on/off road. I think it performs awesome on all fronts. I even took a few hard hits to the control arms this last trip, and not a dent/scratch.

I know a few guys on here rag on them a little for their old style tie rod that bent really bad, or their duroflex joint. But so far I have absolutely nothing praise to say about their products.

Run whatcha brung. Nothing wrong with you being satisfied with your purchase. Looked like a killer trip.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

While everyone can run what they want, one wheeling trip doesn't really prove anything with any lift.

ClarksAdventures

While everyone can run what they want, one wheeling trip doesn't really prove anything with any lift.

Oh I agree, that's why I'm waiting to see how my opinion develops.
To be fair, I did my fair share of research and also talked with a lot of guys who had the same lift, on pretty much my same setup, and for several years/miles. They spoke highly of them, so I went with the lift.

I'm about 3 months in. 3k miles with a few hundred of that being moderate/hard wheeling and plenty of forest roads.

Only time will tell, but so far so good.
And in the event it doesn't turn out how I hoped, I'll just have to go bigger and better!

USMCvet

Banned

That's good to hear. I'm extremely happy with my MC lift, tie rod and drag link. I've seen the old photo with the bent tie rod and that rig was running ram assist. Not for nothing, in any given situation any tie rod could bent under the pressures exude by a ram assist system. But whatever people want to say. Same goes for folks bashing my choice of G2 axles over the PR's. The G2's did great and served me well. The way I see it, those that want to criticize are more than welcome to pony up some cash and I'll gladly go with whatever they want me too. Until then, their criticism is simply an opinion and we all know what opinions are like.

dwmgcs

That's good to hear. I'm extremely happy with my MC lift, tie rod and drag link. I've seen the old photo with the bent tie rod and that rig was running ram assist. Not for nothing, in any given situation any tie rod could bent under the pressures exude by a ram assist system. But whatever people want to say. Same goes for folks bashing my choice of G2 axles over the PR's. The G2's did great and served me well. The way I see it, those that want to criticize are more than welcome to pony up some cash and I'll gladly go with whatever they want me too. Until then, their criticism is simply an opinion and we all know what opinions are like.

Well said :thumb:

dwmgcs

Wow looks like yall had a blast. A muddy muddy blast!

Yeah, you would think that cleaning up afterward would kind of take the fun out of it but 4 hours in to cleaning and I was still smiling, thinking about how much fun it was, you just can't beat the challenges and the instant friendships you build with people that you have just met whose paths may have never crossed with out this common love of a hobby.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Yeah, you would think that cleaning up afterward would kind of take the fun out of it but 4 hours in to cleaning and I was still smiling, thinking about how much fun it was, you just can't beat the challenges and the instant friendships you build with people that you have just met whose paths may have never crossed with out this common love of a hobby.

Well said! As I was washing the Jeep and finding battle scars, I kept trying to remember where they happened and that just kept the smiles coming! :)

dwmgcs

Well said! As I was washing the Jeep and finding battle scars, I kept trying to remember where they happened and that just kept the smiles coming! :)

And those smiles and battle scars turn into great campfire stories you will always remember and cherish, especially as time goes by and the stories get embellished, lol

Top Bottom