Browns Camp-PNW! April 11th

I ended up with a flat. Does les schwab fix them if its from off road. Or do u think they will say i need to buy a new 1

How bad is the flat? Do you know where it's at? Les schwab is pretty good about doing free flat repair because they know it will earn your business when it comes time to buying new tires

That was the original plan, but now I'm travelling for work today tomorrow and then again on Friday. Figured I would get a jump on cleaning. The interior is a wreck still, but at least got the exterior knocked out.

As a side note, what do you guys usually use to get the mud stains out of the fenders? I'm currently using 303 Aerospace and it is getting about 80-90% of the mud stains out, but there are still a few stubborn stains left behind.

Hmm... I didn't know that mud stains. I guess if they are stained too bad, you'll just need to buy new ones.

That was the original plan, but now I'm travelling for work today tomorrow and then again on Friday. Figured I would get a jump on cleaning. The interior is a wreck still, but at least got the exterior knocked out.

As a side note, what do you guys usually use to get the mud stains out of the fenders? I'm currently using 303 Aerospace and it is getting about 80-90% of the mud stains out, but there are still a few stubborn stains left behind.

It doesn't really matter what you use as far as a cleaner, it consists of microscopic bits of sand that embeds itself into that textured finish on the plastic, it does it on the textured rock rails and bumpers too. The only thing I have found the really works, I know you don't want to hear this, but a good old fashioned toothbrush or a very fine hand brush, with even just water works pretty good or soapy water, I have gone so far as to use a little bit of toothpaste to get the tough stuff off, try it on a small spot first to see how it works for you.

Decided to get Clark cleaned up today, to make sure everything was still enact. The vacuum station made for a pretty good inspection station.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428978886.479687.jpg

a nice ding on the front diff

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428979010.468870.jpg

And a pretty good smack to the gas tank skid and my control arm mount.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428979198.111369.jpg

Oh my word...
You guys, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I could not imagine having any more fun. 3 days of the TSF has just totally done it for me.

I want to thank everybody for putting up with us and being so nice.

Gavin I think you got that little kiss on your diff cover on the filter to Waterfall. I was going to try to spot you but kind of felt like you were doing fine without me so I just was watching. :eek:
It was when you came up to that big log on the left side and right as you got kind of high centered for a second. As you were getting off of the hang up you kind of clunked down on it.

We got home at 10 last night after visiting with our Daughter in Eugene for a while.
Had to go to work first thing this morning so the poor Jeep had to sit dirty till I got off.

1 hour and 45 minutes of pressure washing, scrubbing and several chemicals later I have started to get it clean. Of course it is raining here right now.
Pressure washer would not touch the greasy blue clay all over my tires so that might be some of what your up against Morgan. I used Simple Green and it seemed to cut it pretty good. You have got to be careful getting that stuff on paint. I kind of bagged a Cadillac's paint one time with it doing a motor detail.

Have yet to do a damage assessment. I do know I pushed in my Rubi. rail on the drivers side, crunched several body tub to frame mounts, got a cute little rock rash on my rim. Dang we had a good time I tell ya...

Oh my word...
You guys, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I could not imagine having any more fun. 3 days of the TSF has just totally done it for me.

I want to thank everybody for putting up with us and being so nice.

Gavin I think you got that little kiss on your diff cover on the filter to Waterfall. I was going to try to spot you but kind of felt like you were doing fine without me so I just was watching. :eek:
It was when you came up to that big log on the left side and right as you got kind of high centered for a second. As you were getting off of the hang up you kind of clunked down on it.

We got home at 10 last night after visiting with our Daughter in Eugene for a while.
Had to go to work first thing this morning so the poor Jeep had to sit dirty till I got off.

1 hour and 45 minutes of pressure washing, scrubbing and several chemicals later I have started to get it clean. Of course it is raining here right now.
Pressure washer would not touch the greasy blue clay all over my tires so that might be some of what your up against Morgan. I used Simple Green and it seemed to cut it pretty good. You have got to be careful getting that stuff on paint. I kind of bagged a Cadillac's paint one time with it doing a motor detail.

Have yet to do a damage assessment. I do know I pushed in my Rubi. rail on the drivers side, crunched several body tub to frame mounts, got a cute little rock rash on my rim. Dang we had a good time I tell ya...

When was the last time you heard sounds like that coming out from under your vehicle and you were happy about it, it really is an amazing time

Dirk I have got to tell you how impressed I was with the fact that after blowing out both lockers your rig still managed to make it up several more muddy as heck trails without hardly a slip.

Thanks again Gavin for putting together another great weekend! I had a blast once again, and didn't even break any anything this time! It was nice to meet everyone, and hope we can do it again soon!

Thanks again Gavin for putting together another great weekend! I had a blast once again, and didn't even break any anything this time! It was nice to meet everyone, and hope we can do it again soon!

Anytime guys. I'm just happy people are will to come and have a fun weekend.
I really like your idea that one of the next ones should included a night run. How do people feel about it?

Dirk I have got to tell you how impressed I was with the fact that after blowing out both lockers your rig still managed to make it up several more muddy as heck trails without hardly a slip.

I was actually pretty surprised myself how well it did in a couple of spots, I just had to go harder. You did pretty well yourself and next time we will persuade you go try some of those tougher obstacles.

You know I'm in for a night run, I need to test out those lights! I do need to replace the cb first, in case I get lost!

Anytime guys. I'm just happy people are will to come and have a fun weekend.
I really like your idea that one of the next ones should included a night run. How do people feel about it?

Why is it my priority list of things to do just keeps changing..........

1. Better Lighting for the Jeep
2. Mow the Lawn
3. Take out the trash

Top Bottom