breathing new life into my JK

Recurve

I should really strip down my bumpers and carrier and have it coated, they look like crap now. Looks really good with it all painted up.

Yeah for sure. The northeast is a cruel bitch lol. James your evo carrier will need a big oven to bake that powder on lol

Recurve

Wow. That's a lot of work but looks great.

Thanks I'm pretty satisfied , my ocd cringes every time I looked at my frame an the rust. So this has been on my schedule all winter haha.
It's not too bad If you have a friend helping you. With two guys it took a couple days.

Probably be a all week job by yourself.

Recurve

A much needed update on the redstag.
Pretty much daily driving an mild off-roading threw the week has finally caught up to me.
I have a civic now that I daily , so it's helped me save money an take care of all the repairs I need to make so I will be ready this spring.

Leaks leaks and more leaks!!!!
6245849584_IMG_0651.jpg
6245849584_IMG_0649.jpg
6245849584_IMG_0650.jpg 6245849584_IMG_0643.jpg
So basically as you can see, front main seal is leaking , oil pan leaking , trans lines leaking , trans pan leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

I didn't really take pics of everything off cause I was covered in fluids the whole time. Took me awhile , but I got everything plugged up and cleaned.
I replaced trans lines ( this is 2nd time) so I used some thread sealer this time to see if that helps.
I replaced main seal , oil pan gasket, an trans gasket.
What sucks is I'm pretty sure I will have to replace my torque converter AGAIN, the clutch was brown when I cracked open the trans pan. Everything just burning up. IMG_3662.jpg IMG_3663.jpg IMG_3664.jpg

Recurve

Too little too late for this , but I still need it anyways , it was a major pain in the ass trying to get the brackets to fit right, but I got everything as straight as possible. Hopefully this mishimoto will keep my transmission temps down an make it last a little longer.
IMG_3666.jpg

Also I replaced the plug on my winch for the winch controller. It was really finicky an just not working right , couple bucks from quadratec an got a new one. IMG_3530.jpg
Took it all apart and replaced it, not too bad.
Works like brand new ! No more hiccups !
IMG_3531.jpg IMG_3534.jpg

Recurve

I scored a set of rigid side shooters for 100 bucks [emoji16][emoji1303]
IMG_3544.jpg

Now , since I cleaned everything up underneath my rig, I don't want to have anymore "mistakes" like this
6245849584_IMG_0647.jpg
Yeah my oil pan took a beating, got lucky one night when I was out in the mountains.. coulda been worse.
Well these just came in today so hopefully I won't have that problem anymore.

Evo protek skid plates
IMG_3665.jpg

Recurve

Another reason I haven't updated in forever , been working in the new garage an struggling with a death wobble issue as well.
I replaced front passenger and driver side hubs .
They were both bad , also put new synergy ball joints on drivers side.
The old synergys were wobbling an completely worn out.

Oh also I got a new hood finally !!! Lol , I only paid 35 bucks for a 2015 oem hood. Had a friend of mine repaint it.
No more ugly dent! Also put a red grill back in.
View attachment 239868 IMG_3377.jpg

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
youve been busy! everything looks great. im envious of your ceiling height man. that lift is sweet!

Recurve

youve been busy! everything looks great. im envious of your ceiling height man. that lift is sweet!

Thanks lol, yeah original plans it wasn't supposed to be that high, they actually added a couple feet over our original measurement . Oh well, high ceilings for the win!! Lol

Recurve

Lookin' good! [emoji106] Sucks having all those leaks but good job getting them fixed!

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Yeah , I hate changing fluids but it had to be done, an my OCD hates seeing a dirty block

Recurve

Put my new skids on today IMG_3669.jpg IMG_3670.jpg
So after putting my skids on, before I got to the last one I really started looking at my crossmember.
It's been beaten pretty bad over the years. I'm thinking I might just get a new evo crossmember . Would deff make it easier mounting up the bolts for my new skid. IMG_3673.jpg IMG_3672.jpg

Recurve

Okay I'm always slacking on this thread, but here is a update.
As of right now I've been saving and collecting parts to really bring my build together . I'm getting there one at a time.

Yukon 5.13 gears , motive bearings
Arb RD157 rear locker
ARB single high output air compressor
EVO arb air compressor mount
ARB air hose
ARB Digital tire inflator
PSC Big bore XD.

Just waiting on my ten factory chromoly 35 spline rear shafts.
I contacted ten factory an nitro gears, both companies said they have to build up orders first and make them.
So they were both looking at timeframes around January [emoji30] with ten factory being a little cheaper an sooner.
So I will have to wait for the arb rear locker install around then.
IMG_5089.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You should look st the revolution 35 spline shafts. Little bit beefier and they have a lifetime warranty on bent flanges and all. Plus you can get them sooner

JAGS

Hooked
For the rears, I'd go revolution for sure. I bent a rear flange and got it replaced through the vendor/shop no problem.

Recurve

Okay, i already placed the order, but I will see if I can change the order. I didn't know they had a lifetime warranty on the flanges. That's awesome. Thanks guys

Top Bottom