breathing new life into my JK

Recurve

So , after doing some reading here on the site , I read that you should buy the PSC power steering pump to go with the PSC big bore.
Heavier flow from the pump really makes the difference for the big bore to be used effectively.
Wondering is there anything else I need to order that would help with this steering setup? Besides going full hydro of course.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kirame2

You should look st the revolution 35 spline shafts. Little bit beefier and they have a lifetime warranty on bent flanges and all. Plus you can get them sooner
Their website says it's a 10 yr warranty, no mention of life time

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
So , after doing some reading here on the site , I read that you should buy the PSC power steering pump to go with the PSC big bore.
Heavier flow from the pump really makes the difference for the big bore to be used effectively.
Wondering is there anything else I need to order that would help with this steering setup? Besides going full hydro of course.

I did the same thing and went will PSC pump but I haven't installed it yet. I think that's about all you can do without going full hydro like you said.

Recurve

It's been awhile since I updated this.. myswell keep it going lol.

So , basically went over the whole steering setup. It's been sitting in the garage long enough so why not? I started with the big bore PSC box and high flow pump.
The difference between old and new.
IMG_5230.jpg
No more leaks an no more squeaks! [emoji16]

It's good to have a friend when installing this bad boy, she's a little heavy/awkward to hold when running the bolts threw the frame, all in all it didn't take to long.
IMG_5232.jpg

New reservoir and pump
IMG_5248.jpg
IMG_5233.jpg

While I changed that out, I really didn't like how dirty the engine bay was. I still had mud in there from years ago.. so I decided to clean an detail it so it's not so ugly.. till I get it dirty again anyways lol.
IMG_5310.jpg

Now that I have the steering box that I wanted installed, time to complete the whole setup.
I ordered currie heavy duty drag link and tie rod.
Figure it's a good match with the PSC steering box
IMG_5249.jpg
IMG_5321.jpg

Hopefully this setup will work well for me[emoji1303]
IMG_5323.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Nice [emoji106] looking good. It might be hard to tell with the whole setup but, how much improvement did the high flow pump give you? I did the XDII box and heavy duty links last year. The only thing I still need to do is the pump, I might rock it until it starts to go out though. Over all, big improvement even without a high flow pump.

Recurve

Nice [emoji106] looking good. It might be hard to tell with the whole setup but, how much improvement did the high flow pump give you? I did the XDII box and heavy duty links last year. The only thing I still need to do is the pump, I might rock it until it starts to go out though. Over all, big improvement even without a high flow pump.

Well I notice everything is smooth, an it doesn't struggle going lock to lock like my stock pump did. I did take it out off-roading at a local spot. Had the front lockers on a couple times an it turns even when bound up on rocks/ledges. Pretty huge difference to the stock setup , everything is just so smooth when crawling over stuff now, I feel like my pump and box are not working that hard , unlike the stock setup.

I did get a chance to test out the tie rod lol.

A pretty big tree fell down on the trail.
I was getting over it fine till the tires slipped an I fell straight down on the tie rod [emoji28] my brand apankin new tie rod at that.
IMG_5373.jpg

lol so dumb, I was stuck. Had to bust out the winch , the tie rod an front axle then snapped the old rotten treen in half IMG_5386.jpg

The Currie tie rod is still straight [emoji23][emoji1305]

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
lol, nice

I myself had a chance to break in my tire rod in April. Was coming up on some rocks, slipped, got hung up pretty bad with all 4 wheels of the ground. Used a winch to drag myself of. Still straight, am pretty happy with it as well.
IMG_6500.jpg

Recurve

lol, nice

I myself had a chance to break in my tire rod in April. Was coming up on some rocks, slipped, got hung up pretty bad with all 4 wheels of the ground. Used a winch to drag myself of. Still straight, am pretty happy with it as well.
View attachment 305498

Nice! I'm glad I'm not the only one lol.
Yeah sometimes I wonder if high steer is worth it or not., I think the tie rod being up front is bound to get hit , no matter how high it sits.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I have a flipped drag link. Other than that, you can get Reid or Rancho knuckles, that will bring up your tie rod I believe like an 1” or 1.5” higher than it is now. I am not planning on getting knuckles anytime soon, or ever for that matter. I rather have my heavy duty tie rod hit first and maybe just maybe help me avoid hitting my factory axle tubes hard [emoji106]

Recurve

I have a flipped drag link. Other than that, you can get Reid or Rancho knuckles, that will bring up your tie rod I believe like an 1” or 1.5” higher than it is now. I am not planning on getting knuckles anytime soon, or ever for that matter. I rather have my heavy duty tie rod hit first and maybe just maybe help me avoid hitting my factory axle tubes hard [emoji106]

I thought about the rancho knuckles for awhile, I like the red better then Reid's orange [emoji23]

I might do highsteer eventually if I swap axles.

Top Bottom