Birth of Phoenix

Bear_JT

Hooked
That’s rock climb looks like a pretty steep spot with that size of rocks. The Jeep’s looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Looks like a challenging course. Great pics. Hope the compressor is replaced or repaired soon thats a bummer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Challenging for sure. Just got an email that parts will be delivered today!

I had the exact same problem with the compressor. ARB didn’t even bat an eye at it and sent me two new motors with in a week.

That climb was awesome, that was a hell of a line! Great pictures

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Parts are supposed to be delivered today. Less than 48 hours after my claim was filed.

Looks like a fun climb. Well, until you lost air anyway.

The new mods seem to be working good.

I'm sure ARB will take care of you. They have always proven to me to be a stand up company.

Everything is working well so far. Thinking about coilovers next.

Those trail pics are awesome. It make me think of the pacific northwest JK Experience videos that Eddie and Cindy did. I've never been up there but it looks so amazing and the videos made me want to visit. Your photos just re-enforce my desire to make that happen.

I love the PNW. It would’ve been cool to see them do this on the JKX.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I love the PNW. It would’ve been cool to see them do this on the JKX.

The way you worded this, it sounds like you might not have seen the videos. If that is the case, I'll put up the link. It's a 4 part series, and I have to say that is in my top two favorites of the JKX vids that Wayalife has done.
If you haven't watched it, you don't want to miss it.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/23447-PACIFIC-NORTHWEST-The-2014-JK-Experience-4-Part-Series

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
The way you worded this, it sounds like you might not have seen the videos. If that is the case, I'll put up the link. It's a 4 part series, and I have to say that is in my top two favorites of the JKX vids that Wayalife has done.
If you haven't watched it, you don't want to miss it.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/23447-PACIFIC-NORTHWEST-The-2014-JK-Experience-4-Part-Series

I’ve watched them plenty. Sorry, I meant that this obstacle wasn’t there when they ran through there. I’ve done the Busy the same trail they did and it’s pretty wild. The only trail I haven’t hit in that series is Tillamook down in Oregon.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I’ve watched them plenty. Sorry, I meant that this obstacle wasn’t there when they ran through there. I’ve done the Busy the same trail they did and it’s pretty wild. The only trail I haven’t hit in that series is Tillamook down in Oregon.

Gotcha. Well, it was still worth looking up. I'm on vacation this week and haven't seen it in a while so I'm going to give another viewing. :drinks:

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Less than 48 hours after I sent in the warranty claim, two new motor assemblies showed up at my house. Swapped everything over and we are good to go. You can also see the size difference in the bolt used. IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Crazy fast. I was worried that it was going to take awhile and the Jeep was going to be out of commission for who knows how long. Pretty happy with the outcome.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Going to start an EJS “To Do” list. It’s 3 months away but it goes quickly.

Must complete:
New skid plate for gas tank. -DONE
Fluids-DONE
Change transmission filter. DONE
Grease-DONE
Torque fasteners-DONE
Rotate tires-DONE
Rear track bar mount relocation -N/A
Add 1” rear coil spacer. -DONE
Adjust bump stops. -N/A
Inventory extra parts

Wish list:
Front axle side track bar mount relocation. DONE
Redo tie rod and draglink.-DONE
Half doors for rear with uppers-DONE
Flat belly skid-changed my mind.
Paint and preservation-DONE

I’ll start with that. I’m sure I forgot a few things. Feel free to add things.
IMG_0628.jpg

Last edited:
Headed out to Elbe Hills this weekend. Decided to try the infamous Boat Ramp. I’ve seen it on videos and pictures but they don’t do it justice at all. Huge climb with big boulders. I spent almost an hour navigating up it to only have my air compressor fail at the last part and was unable to get anywhere with no lockers. Had to winch the last 5 feet to the finish. Also smashed my tank some more. Now every time I hit a bump the diff cover smacks the skid. But I have a new aftermarket one lined up which will add a couple more inches of clearance.
View attachment 357161
View attachment 357162
View attachment 357163
View attachment 357164
View attachment 357165
View attachment 357166
View attachment 357167
View attachment 357166
View attachment 357168
View attachment 357169
I tried to just send it here a couple times but my rear yoke kept smacking a boulder.
View attachment 357170

I too have seen many videos of that hill climb. They make it seem quite difficult. Way to get after it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom